Anyone using Qriocity?

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
A new streaming media service from Sony with a daft name, 'Qriocity' appeared on my BDPS370 today. Looks very flash and I registered an account online.

But honestly, £4.49 for ONE HD movie? Why would I bother when I get 4 Blu Rays a month from Love Film (as well as a token 4 hours of movie downloads) for £7.99. That's not very competitive is it?

Anyone else tried it?

A

Anonymous

I saw this yesterday too and thought the same thing regarding the prices. Even old films that have been on tv are £2.49 in standard def when I could probably buy the dvd for the same price or cheaper!

It's nice to have an alternative for people like me who haven't signed up to LoveFilm though, (I wouldn't have time to watch that many movies in a month to make it cost effective) but the pricing on Qriocity seems a little high.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Good afternoon everyone,

I just watched Robin Hood on this and the picture and sound quality is awesome.

Yet another great feature that makes the Sony BDP-S370 such a fantastic product
emotion-21.gif

Anyone else tried this?

Ronald

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Well what's just popped into my inbox but a £15 voucher from Qriocity! They've obviously analysed that I've signed up but not watched anything. Perhaps once I watch a few films on this and then no more they'll click it's too darn pricey!

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
roger06:
Well what's just popped into my inbox but a £15 voucher from Qriocity! They've obviously analysed that I've signed up but not watched anything. Perhaps once I watch a few films on this and then no more they'll click it's too darn pricey!

I just got one of these myself. I paid to watch Robin Hood just once and that was the end of it. While the picture and sound quality was good, the streaming quality was dreadful and that made watching a lousy movie even more agonising.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts