Anyone tempted by this:

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
i was, but i already have my samsung player (which i love) so maybe in future i get this too.

just need to know if this plays games at upscaled 4k like the ps4 neo does too..would be awesome to see on my 4k tv

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
i was, but i already have my samsung player (which i love) so maybe in future i get this too.

just need to know if this plays games at upscaled 4k like the ps4 neo does too..would be awesome to see on my 4k tv
*good*. Would like to know if it has two HDMI outputs?

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
gel said:
nugget2014 said:

no, it won't.

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
gel said:
nugget2014 said:

no, it won't.
Cheers.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
For most people this isnt worth getting just for the 4k blu ray capabilities if you have atmos or dts x as it won't support. I imagine tru hd and master audio would be supported but i cant clarify.

Also since reading more info its the 2017 scorpio console that plays games at 4k supposedly.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Too much hassle also having a console as a disc player imo. Turn console and controller on navigate to the menu play wait to load. Lot easier and straightforward on a stand alone player i think. Plus compared to the xbox my samsung player looks much better even if it is plastic.

D

Deleted member 2457

nugget2014 said:
Too much hassle also having a console as a disc player imo. Turn console and controller on navigate to the menu play wait to load. Lot easier and straightforward on a stand alone player i think. Plus compared to the xbox my samsung player looks much better even if it is plastic.
Needs two HDMIs really.

nugget2014 said:
For most people this isnt worth getting just for the 4k blu ray capabilities if you have atmos or dts x as it won't support. I imagine tru hd and master audio would be supported but i cant clarify.
Why not? Simply bitstream audio to the AV receiver to decode Atmos, DTS:X etc.

nugget2014 said:
Can't say about the Xbox, but PS3 directly plays blu ray discs when you insert the disc in, and it also had a dedicated bluetooth media remote. In fact, it had the fastest loading disc times. Don't forget that game consoles have some very powerful processors, far more than what blu ray players have. This benefits blu ray disc playback as well.

It looks like it will be almost half the price of the Samsung, with HDD and games console as a bonus.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:
nugget2014 said:

i just heard on blu-ray.com it wont be capable.

nugget2014 said:
bigboss said:
nugget2014 said:

i just heard on blu-ray.com it wont be capable.
Has it officially come from Microsoft? The Xbox One doesn't support bistreaming audio yet, but this is a new device. Let's see what Microsoft does, considering PS4 supports bistreaming.

When I first bought my PS3, it did not support bistreaming audio. After demands from users, this was included with a software update.

buzz_lightclick

I've had an Xbox One, sold it and bought a PS4. For Blu Ray the Xbone was rubbish, as Big Boss mentioned it doesn't bitstream sound and overall was nowhere near as good as having a dedicated player. The PS4 isn't great for Blu Ray either, the fan is quite noisy at times and there are many types of disc it doesn't play at all. For me it's only a back up player in case my 91 breaks down- which is possible.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts