Anyone recognise these speakers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
I’ve no specific recollection, but there were a huge number of bookshelf speaker designs in the ‘70s and ‘80s, often from brands long since defunct. Tangent rang a bell, though the ones I remember best used KEF drivers.

Those brown nylon cloth covers were definitely from a specific period. I remember Wharfedale and Tannoy using the same, but their cabinets are easy to identify.

Reactions: camcroft

Naysayer

Jan 13, 2023
Visit site
Sorry I'm late to the party but for the benefit of anyone like me only just reading this thread I can say these aren't Dean Altos. Certainly not the original specs. I'm still using my 40+yr old Dean Alto and they look quite different. I've had to replace the grille fabric and upgraded the binding posts but they are nicely run in now;-)

Attachments

• IMG_20230113_102728823.jpg
    IMG_20230113_102728823.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 7
Sorry I'm late to the party but for the benefit of anyone like me only just reading this thread I can say these aren't Dean Altos. Certainly not the original specs. I'm still using my 40+yr old Dean Alto and they look quite different. I've had to replace the grille fabric and upgraded the binding posts but they are nicely run in now;-)
That's interesting even though its, as you say, a tad late.... :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: WayneKerr

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts