Anyone got the new Pioneer 320 ? whats it like

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I bought one this week and I'm also very happy, I think this is the Bluray player to take the plunge with if you have sat on the fence so far.....

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Problem is I want a BD player with multi-channel outs to use with my existing non-hdmi amp until I upgrade the amp, ideally a Pioneer so I can use the Kuro link with the TV and (future) amp. However none of the current Pioneer DBPs with multi-channel outs are profile 2.0 (apart from the 91 model of course, but 2k is out of my range, sadly), so I need to wait for the rest of the range to be updated.

Tom Moreno:anchorman_02:

anchorman_02:Can you tell me if it memorises the position of blueray discs and dvd's if you eject them part way through?

Any ideas on this Andrew? I have a Pan DMP30 which does the job but it is a pain when you ahve to keep searching for the last played position. I subscribe to WHF and have read the group test. Do these modern players memorise locations or is it still a chore?

I haven't seen any players yet that do this. I think it's more a product of the BD-Java loading process at the top of this disc. I think this is why some studios (like Universal) include the ability to save bookmarks with the disc so you can easily (once you've spun the thing up and started playback) get back to where you was.

Both my PS3 & Panasonic BD60 memorise locations on the blu-ray discs & play from there when restarted.

Gimp67

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
OR ...... If you connect your 320 to the internet via the network (RJ45?) connection on the back, then updating is even easier as you can access software updating from the options menu. Following your post, I did just that - whole process took about 10 minutes to download and install software. A lot easier that burning CDs etc - one reason I bought this version of the Pioneer over the earlier models. If left to burning CDs etc, I would probably *** it up.

Pioneer 320 updates - almost idiot proof (but never underestimate the ingenuity of idiots)

A

Anonymous

hi i have the pana bd 30 and i am wondering if i upgrade to the 320 will i see much difference with pq, i use the krp 500m tv so a good match i think.

any thoughts anyone ????

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Gimp67:
OR ...... If you connect your 320 to the internet via the network (RJ45?) connection on the back, then updating is even easier as you can access software updating from the options menu. Following your post, I did just that - whole process took about 10 minutes to download and install software. A lot easier that burning CDs etc - one reason I bought this version of the Pioneer over the earlier models. If left to burning CDs etc, I would probably *** it up.

Pioneer 320 updates - almost idiot proof (but never underestimate the ingenuity of idiots)

Online updating working now then - it wasn't last weekend, but I think the update had only just been released. Good news - yes, much easier!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts