Anyone got experience with Elac speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey there,

I got a Yamaha RX-v771 receiver and I recently auditioned some speakers. I noticed the Elac speakers (the FS 68.2) which had a really nice sound. Very detailed in the mids and treble and a tight bass.

Anyway, I struck a deal with the dealer so that I can audition them at home so hear what it sounds like on my Yamaha (I auditioned it on a NAD amp at the dealer's place).

Anyone here have experience with Elac speakers in general? Reviews are very hard to come by on this German brand, although it looks like a very respectable brand.

And while I'm at it, got any ideas of what speakers to pair with my Yamaha? My budget is up to about 900-1000 Euro's (I'm from the Netherlands) which would convert to about 750 - 850 pounds.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated :)

Sander

poldo

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
great speakers try to spend little more on this one:

http://www.hobo.nl/default.aspx?page=product&id=7047&title=FS187%20HOBO%20hifi%20Special%20Edition

Also try the Audiovector k3 super/signature if you like the Elac.

A

Anonymous

Thanks,

I saw the Hobo special edition (I actually auditioned the other ones at a Hobo store) of the Elac. But it's simply a pair of speakers I can't afford right now. It's an extra 500 euro's to get those, money I'd rather spend on something else.

I'll look into the Audiovectors, never heard of it before. I see it's a Danish manufacturer.

Cheers!

A

Anonymous

Ah, Multifoon. Never heard of that store, but it's close to where I live so I might check it out on Friday, before I go pick up the Elac's which I'm gonna be auditioning over christmas.

Thanks for the info!

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I own a pair of Elac BS 243 speakers, small bookshelf speakers with the ribbon (Jet) tweeters. A good match for my Musical Fidelity A1 amp.

Fine German engineering, the ribbon tweeter will give you highs that conventional metal/silk dome tweeters can't. Bass can be controlled via two different-sized plugs for the rear port. Package includes a pair of white gloves for handling/polishing the lacqured surface. All in all, very good value for money.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I own a pair of Elac BS 243 speakers, small bookshelf speakers with the ribbon (Jet) tweeters. A good match for my Musical Fidelity A1 amp.

Fine German engineering, the ribbon tweeter will give you highs that conventional metal/silk dome tweeters can't. Bass can be controlled via two different-sized plugs for the rear port. Package includes a pair of white gloves for handling/polishing the lacqured surface. All in all, very good value for money.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

poldo

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
By the way, for review you could check out some german magazines like audio.de and stereoplay.

You can check free online reviews on magnus.de

hope this will help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts