anyone got an oppo103 your opinion please.

T

theflyingwasp

please tell me for 500quid the picture quality is better than budget players.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I used use a multi-region budget Panasonic player for American and UK Blurays, and DVD. I bought a top end Sony to use purely for UK Blurays. I have now replaced both with the 103. I now have the best Bluray picture I have ever had.

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I have had one for just over the month now

picture quality is slightly better than my old panasonice bd60 I would say about 10% I am not brave enough to mess with the setting unlike dave has and I am watching on a 40 inch Samsung tv and maybe you will notice more on a bigger tv.

However I would say the sound is quite a bit improved !

Loads super fast

Yes I am happy with purchase but the new Cambridge audio has come out at 799 which is same as the oppo 105 so might be worth a look

Ian986 said:

picture quality is slightly better than my old panasonice bd60 I would say about 10% I am not brave enough to mess with the setting unlike dave has and I am watching on a 40 inch Samsung tv and maybe you will notice more on a bigger tv.

Loads super fast

Yes I am happy with purchase but the new Cambridge audio has come out at 799 which is same as the oppo 105 so might be worth a look

I was of the understanding Cambridge Audio always modify the cheaper of the current Oppo's so the CA 752 is a modified 103 and not a 105, just like the CA 751 was a modified Oppo 93, not the 95.

Alears said:
Ian986 said:

Loads super fast

I was of the understanding Cambridge Audio always modify the cheaper of the current Oppo's so the CA 752 is a modified 103 and not a 105, just like the CA 751 was a modified Oppo 93, not the 95.

CA 651 was in the league of Oppo 93 & CA 751 in the same class as Oppo 95. What's the difference between Oppo 103 & 105 (or 93 & 95)? Audio enhancements only. Video is exactly the same. Oppo 105 uses ESS Sabre32 DAC while CA 752 uses Wolfson DAC.

In essence, even Oppo 105 is a modified Oppo 103.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts