Anyone been CD shopping (thread)?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
The 40th anniversary remastered double CD version of The Doors' LA Women from Burning Shed Records, due for shipping 19th Feb.

I've got a bog standard CD from the 90's so it will be interesting to see if this new issue is better, worse, or just plain different.

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
DIB said:
The 40th anniversary remastered double CD version of The Doors' LA Women from Burning Shed Records, due for shipping 19th Feb.

I've got a bog standard CD from the 90's so it will be interesting to see if this new issue is better, worse, or just plain different.

Let us know what you think

cheers tonky

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Payday this week and already blown my promise to save some money this month. Yesterday ordered :-

Placebo - MTV Unplugged

David Gilmour - Rattle That Lock

The Eagles - The Complete Greatest Hits

Lazuli - Nos Ames Saoules

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
stevee1966 said:
Payday this week and already blown my promise to save some money this month. Yesterday ordered :-

Placebo - MTV Unplugged

Just got it last week very good

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
stevee1966 said:

Placebo - MTV Unplugged

Just got it last week very good

I saw your post further up this thread which prompted me to check it out. I wasn't aware it existed.

iMark

Last Saturday we travelled to my old home town of Haarlem to possibly visit for the last time the department store of V&D. In the cellar of this store we picked up a pile of CDs. Some of them were 2 for EUR 10, others were the 5 CD sets of original classics for EUR 12,99 each.

Here's what we got:

- 2 edtitos of 5 origiinal album classics by Earth, Wind & Fire (10 albums!)

- 5 original album classics by Bob Dylan

- 5 original album classics by The Alan Parsons Project

- The Essential Bill Withers (2CD)

- Wiynton Marsalis - Selections from Swining into the 21st

- Pogues - 30:30

- the Jeff Ballard Trio - Time's Tales

- Van Morrison - LIve in Austin, Texas 2006

Although we're happy with our CDs and other stuff we picked up at the store, it was miserable to see an institution like V&D go under. They had 66 stores all over the country but on Tuesday the news came that the business has finally gone under. 8000 people lost their jobs.

The store in Haarlem, where I was born, is an incredible landmark for a provincial city and leaves a big gap in the city centre. The Art Deco building is so big, that it's doubtful another store will be able to fill it.

Jota180

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Bought the Butthole Surfers - Weird Revolution [Limited Edition] [Australian Import] via Amazon and eventually got an email from them saying it got lost on the way and here, have a refund.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I'm not usually a CD buyer, but i bought these 4 for 50p each today at a charity shop.

Bombay Bicycle Club - A Different Kind Of Fix

Throwing Muses - Throwing Muses

Throwing Muses - In A Doghouse

Throwing Muses - Hunkpapa

K

keeper of the quays

Jan garbarek 'visible world'
Miles davis 'jazz at the plaza'
Jan van naeltwijk 'quest for et'

Freemomusic

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Thought I'd start up a CD thread. Clare Newsome (I think) started one a few years ago but as this site doesn't have a 'search' engine anymore, it's a good time to add some parity to the vinyl thread.

I've just ordered an album by Otis Clay. Fabulous little known soul artist. First CD I've purchased for over a year.

What have you ordered or planning to order?
I have been on Spotify for 3 months now and it has opened up my music world. I have been buying loads of CDs new and second hand. Tok tok tok. Melody Gardot. The the. Nina Simone. Stacey kent And a load of French songs.

I am ripping as lossless to build up my nas for CD quality streaming although Spotify through my DAC sounds very good indeed

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Bought a couple of baragain CDs a week or two ago from a charity shop for 50p each.

Future Sounds Of London - Lifeforms

Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works Vol.2

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts