Anybody, how can i minimise noise from my Sky HD signal?

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

When i just had freeview i used a QED Qunex TTV cable to reduce RFI noise to my tv from the outdoor aerial. Now that i have moved onto Sky HD i still get noise of varying degrees from the Sky signal. The amount of noise varies, occasionally all is great and razor sharp other times edges can become quite noisy. Using a direct feed from Satellite to HD box, with Chord Active HDMI, and Tacima Mains Conditioner. Don't get any noise issues with BD, games etc. from direct sources.

Any ideas to eliminate the noise?

QED don't appear to make an alternative cable to the TTV anymore.

Is there a way to filter out the noise?

Worth mentioning that the signal settings on the box are full for signal, and 90% full for quality. So the system data appears to match what is happening on screen.

Please help.

Kind Regards,

Cookie Monster

Liam19

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
Cookie Monster:
Worth mentioning that the signal settings on the box are full for signal, and 90% full for quality. So the system data appears to match what is happening on screen.

The quality bar on my box is more like 70-75% (strength 100%), and I can't really fault the picture. I also use the Chord cable and the Tacima.

Is it really that distracting? Remember that HD quality can vary wildly from channel to channel, and programme to programme (e.g. BBC HD looks a little ropey much of the time, whereas Sky's movie and sport channels are usually superior).

Unless there has been some degradation of the cable between the dish and the box, I can't really think of what the problem could be.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts