Any suggestions for speakers (£200-300) that can be placed against a wall

Jeremy

Nov 1, 2020
Visit site
My room constraints mean that speakers will have to be close to the back wall , possibly even wall-mounted. I see that the Dali Spektor 2 has a wall fitting option but I'd like to know if you have any experience of this or alternatives (Fyne Audio F301?). Mostly streamed music from Tidal or vinyl : Pro-ject Debut III into Rega Io (headphones for now). It's a small room: 3x4 m. Any thoughts?

Whilst I cannot think of many speakers that are going to work their best in this position wall-mounting them is a possibility but I would stay away from any that are rear ported like those Fynes
Perhaps something like the Elac Debut b5.2

Whilst I cannot think of many speakers that are going to work their best in this position wall-mounting them is a possibility but I would stay away from any that are rear ported like those Fynes
S/hand pair Neat Iotas should work. They are certainly designed to work very close a wall. Even s/hand ones are probably way over the OP's budget.
Otherwise, using brackets should be fine as they are adjustable.

My room constraints mean that speakers will have to be close to the back wall , possibly even wall-mounted. I see that the Dali Spektor 2 has a wall fitting option but I'd like to know if you have any experience of this or alternatives (Fyne Audio F301?). Mostly streamed music from Tidal or vinyl : Pro-ject Debut III into Rega Io (headphones for now). It's a small room: 3x4 m. Any thoughts?
There are some dedicated wall mounted Spendors that cam with great reviews at the time, Whether your is bally enough to drive them is another question altogether.

D

Deleted member 116933

Atc do some on wall speaker hts7. And Dali do some similar designs. Have no idea how exspensive they are

D

Deleted member 160668

Old skool somewhat, but Linn Katan's were available to wall mount and can be picked up with 'Brakets' (did I spell that right?!).

May just about be in budget for a decent set. I'm sure others can suggest newer options.

MartinEvoke50

Aug 30, 2020
Visit site
Monitor Audio Bronze 2

Reactions: Jeremy

Davywhizz

Sep 30, 2020
Visit site
I don't have much choice other than putting my speakers close to the wall, so stick with options which have a front rather than rear port. Currently Elac Debut 2 B6.2 (but the 5.2 should be fine for you and they are cheaper). I use them with a small Yamaha sub, but it's not essential.

Reactions: Jeremy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts