Question Speakers for Yamaha RN602?

David Willis

Jan 28, 2021
Visit site
Hi,

I'm moving into the world of hifi and am planning on getting the Yamaha RN602 (Amp/Streamer) as all of my music is now on Spotify. I'm trying to work out which speakers to pair with it and have narrowed it down to the Dali Spektor 2's, Fyne Audio F301's or Q Acoustics 3020i's.

Does anyone have any experience of this kind of set up. I realise all these speakers have had very good reviews but as a system some might suit better than others.

The living room is approx 24tf x 13ft and the speakers will be on a solid sideboard but will need to be fairly close to the wall, if that helps.

many thanks

David

chris1976

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm moving into the world of hifi and am planning on getting the Yamaha RN602 (Amp/Streamer) as all of my music is now on Spotify. I'm trying to work out which speakers to pair with it and have narrowed it down to the Dali Spektor 2's, Fyne Audio F301's or Q Acoustics 3020i's.

Does anyone have any experience of this kind of set up. I realise all these speakers have had very good reviews but as a system some might suit better than others.

The living room is approx 24tf x 13ft and the speakers will be on a solid sideboard but will need to be fairly close to the wall, if that helps.

many thanks

David
I have recently purchased the yamaha rn803d and im using my monitor audio bx2, they have never sounded so good, but im still looking for a warmer midrange and a deeper base, monitor audio and b&w work well with yamaha, all depends on the type of sound you are after and what music you like.

David Willis

Jan 28, 2021
Visit site
If it helps being sat on a sideboard and close to a rear wall is not the best place for any of those speakers as they are all rear ported.
What is your maximum budget?

I appreciate that but its the only space available plus I'm currently using a Bose Bluetooth speaker so pretty sure anything will be a step up in quality. Budget is around £250

David Willis

Jan 28, 2021
Visit site
I have recently purchased the yamaha rn803d and im using my monitor audio bx2, they have never sounded so good, but im still looking for a warmer midrange and a deeper base, monitor audio and b&w work well with yamaha, all depends on the type of sound you are after and what music you like.

That's good to know, I'd be looking for something that was on the warmer side of things sound wise as well. I listern to a pretty wide range from Nirvana to Banks to London Grammar to Royal Blood (as examples)

chris1976

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
That's good to know, I'd be looking for something that was on the warmer side of things sound wise as well. I listern to a pretty wide range from Nirvana to Banks to London Grammar to Royal Blood (as examples)
All the speakers you have on your short list are £300 or less, if thats your budget i would probably try q acoustics 3030i or the slightly over budget monitor audio bronze 100, they have a much bigger midrange/bass driver and have excellent reviews everywhere except from what hifi. My short list is monitor audio bronze 100 and b&w 606, if more bass is need after there is always the option of adding a small subwoofer.

David Willis

Jan 28, 2021
Visit site
All the speakers you have on your short list are £300 or less, if thats your budget i would probably try q acoustics 3030i or the slightly over budget monitor audio bronze 100, they have a much bigger midrange/bass driver and have excellent reviews everywhere except from what hifi. My short list is monitor audio bronze 100 and b&w 606, if more bass is need after there is always the option of adding a small subwoofer.

Thanks Chris, I'll have a look at those suggestions.

punchy

Aug 9, 2021
Visit site
Hi,

many thanks

David

First time poster.

I have very similar setup. Yamaha R-N602 with Q-Acoustic 3020 (non i) on Q-Acoustic stands paired with Klipsch R-8SW subwoofer. Sounds OK. The reason why I'm replying to late was that i was looking at recommendations for Floor speakers and came across this thread. Not sure what you've gone with but I found initially with just he Q-Acoustics 3020 was missing lows. My setup was in a room measuring roughly 5 meters x 5.5 meters.

nn_in

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
As a RN803 user - using xavian bonbonus Ver2.Very good synergy.Not sure if you can audition this brands.Also this amp paired well with Wharfedale 11.2 and Ophidian Minimos.
Do consider auditioning Ophidians (it has a different presentation)

nn_in

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
As a RN803 user - using xavian bonbonus Ver2.Very good synergy.Not sure if you can audition this brands.Also this amp paired well with Wharfedale 11.2 and Ophidian Minimos.
Do consider auditioning Ophidians (it has a different presentation)
Any folks using Fyne 501 with Yamaha R-N 803 . I would be glad if you can share your subjective opinions.

manicm

If David Willis will still use his sideboard close to the wall, a speaker like the 3030i will be a complete disaster.

David your first instinct was correct - in your case I would try the Dali Spector 2, but see if you can give it about 15cm from side and rears.

Fidelity dom

Dec 3, 2020
Visit site
The kef q300 from a few years back are front ported & have a reasonable cabinate volume so produce a reasonable base response for a standmount, ive seen them go on ebay for about £200 second hand in good condition, i really liked mine & they played really well with a 30 watt amp..........

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts