Any questions for LG?

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
In a couple of weeks we will have the chance to put some questions to some senior spokespeople at LG, covering home entertainment and mobile divisions... Do you have any questions? Let us know and we will do our best to get an answer!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
err, what does LG mean?

The company used to be called Lucky-Goldstar, a conjoining of the original name of the company, the Lak-Hui Chemical Industrial Corp – the Lak-Hui bit being pronounced 'Lucky' – and the Goldstar subsidiary it established in 1958 to make electronics.

It changed to LG in 1995 to make it more competitive in the Western market, and later took the Life's Good slogan from that abbreviation.

D

Deleted member 2457

When are you going to start making some decent TVs and Blu-ray players?
smiley-smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

What's your current business plan and model for the next three years? And what products are you currently working on? Can we expect some exciting products in the next few years?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
The_Lhc said:
err, what does LG mean?

The company used to be called Lucky-Goldstar, a conjoining of the original name of the company, the Lak-Hui Chemical Industrial Corp – the Lak-Hui bit being pronounced 'Lucky' – and the Goldstar subsidiary it established in 1958 to make electronics.

It changed to LG in 1995 to make it more competitive in the Western market, and later took the Life's Good slogan from that abbreviation.

Excellent, that's me done!

theo12

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi Joe,

Here goes,

1. Will LG be introducing new tablets? Do they think there is a market for tablets greater than 10 inch?

2. What display technology will LG develop after OLED?

3. What do LG think will be the most efficient 4k delivery method for the home market?

4. How long before LG phase out Plasma displays completely?

5. Do LG have a product to compete with Google Glass?

Thanks

Theo12

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I have one question, i have an lg washing machine & i was just wondering what washing powder they recomend, other manufactures usually recomend a washing powder like persil or ariel.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts