Any News On Pioneer At The CES 2010 Show?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

I have read stuff on all the other's now, I was just wandering if anything has been said about pioneer?

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Stop wandering - you'll catch your death in this cold.

Pioneer at CES? Yes:

- new in-dash receivers
- new Class-D amps to go in the boot
- new multimedia receivers, all double-DIN size
- new navigation systems
- new Stage 4 high-end audio system that looks like this

ViewMedia

In other words, all a bit 'move along, hi-fi and home cinema ladies and gentlemen - nothing to see here...'

D

Deleted member 2457

Is that normal for pioneer not to make any news about blu ray player's at this show?

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I don't think there's any definition of what is normal at a show like this, but the company did say a while back that a major part of its focus would be on its in-car products, both for aftermarket and OEM, and I guess its presence at CES reflects that.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Pioneer's UK marketing director is due here at CES, though (if she can actually get a flight out...) - we're set to meet her tomorrow, so plan to ask plenty of questions re the 2010 line-up.

If a) she makes it to Vegas and b) we're allowed to talk about the products (they may be embargoed until later in the year), you can be sure you'll read about them here.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Just to add to what Clare's said, we did go to the Pioneer press conference on Wednesday but it was ALL about in-car products so not hugely relevant outside the US.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Andy Clough:Just to add to what Clare's said, we did go to the Pioneer press conference on Wednesday but it was ALL about in-car products so not hugely relevant outside the US.

Oh, I don't know, all the OEM stuff in my car is Pioneer, so I'd be interested to know if I can do a direct swap out for one of the double DIN units.

TRENDING THREADS