Any guesses as to what th new Cyrus thingy will be?

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
"We're marking the launch of this ground breaking new product with a series of events around the UK. Wherever you are, we hope you will be able to come along to one of our events to hear and see it for yourself.

Over 2 years in development, this is not like any Cyrus product you have seen before, taking our renowned engineering expertise in a new direction. We think you’ll be surprised."

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
To save you clicking...

chebby said:
Here it is ...

P9289673.jpg

It's called the 'Lyric' and the write-up is here..

http://hifipig.com/cyrus-lyric-sneaky-peek/

kmlav

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
a toaster .... :)

there is probably a clue in the "hear and see it" , maybe a digital media device serving audio and video.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
daveh75 said:
chebby said:
To save you clicking...

chebby said:
Here it is ...

P9289673.jpg

It's called the 'Lyric' and the write-up is here..

http://hifipig.com/cyrus-lyric-sneaky-peek/

That's the result of 2 years of development and renowned engineering expertise?

:doh:

Conception, design, finance, material/parts-sourcing, tooling, manufacturing, Certification, packaging, transport, advertising ... I'm sure I forgot a few but there are a fair few things making up a new product, even for a renowned company like cyrus.

Kinda makes me take my hat off to tiny companies like you know who, controversy nothwithstanding, for their innovative and usually reliable products.

regards

kmlav

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I don't get it.

I'm sure it will sound good but if you want this sort of thing you can get a very good unit from the likes of Denon for a few hundred pounds. Is there a market for a better version of the streamline? Probably yes but I cant see there being a market for a premium all in one.

I predict these will be discontinued by November and half price by Christmas.

Cyrus stop now its a stupid idea

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
Cyrus really do need to get some new designers in.

That thing is so ugly. :O

Their old 'shoebox' designs were horrible too. This is no better.

I quite like them. Understated quality, a bit like me and the casings serve both a purpose and are more solid than most others out there.

regards

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
The Lyric looks like a dated 80's product :? The display shows the 80 too :grin:

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

If it were a genuine 1980s product, it would have '00:00' flashing permanently on the display. (Because genuine 1980s men always threw the instructions away before trying to set the time and date.)

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
David obviously has the inside scoop on the looks and sound etc., and personally I'm looking forward to seeing it from afar (no Cyrus dealers around here AFAIK, the nearest one's in Dallas).

Bose (yes, sorry to use that word in a Cyrus thread) have made a fortune with a similar product in the US, their "Wave Radio", which sells for a hefty premium for what is basically an upmarket boombox. So if Cyrus comes out with a one-box unit for the kitchen, home office, office-office, wherever, more power to their elbow, I say. More profits = Cyrus survives and has more money to plough into further development of their upmarket stuff. Excellent.

As for the look of Cyrus kit, I guess it's a kind of Marmite thing. I'm a Marmite (Cyrus) fan, although I didn't like the "sandpaper" finish on their quartz silver boxes of three or four years ago, and maybe it is time to bring in someone to freshen up the looks, their graphics and especially the LED / LCD (?) displays, but NOT the basic principles, of their shoeboxes.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
As you say, Bose have done amazingly well with the Wave Radio - we get about three people per day coming in asking to buy them! Bang & Olufsen have also been doing these systems for decades.

Naim's Uniti has done well, and the UnitiLite is continuing that trend, and there's now higher end products from the likes of Devialet and Electrocompaniet. I think it is a good move by Cyrus, and could be pointing the way for hi-fi in the future. Active speakers still don't seem to be being requested by the general public, and with these one box systems, people have a wide choice of speakers to partner with them which they can choose on sound, looks, or both.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
As you say, Bose have done amazingly well with the Wave Radio - we get about three people per day coming in asking to buy them!

I hope you can oblige them.

Three Bose radios per day is a tidy little profit to turn away if you can't.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts