Any Frankie Miller fans out there?

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
One of the UK's best vocalists, back in the 70's he could have been a contender but he never quite made it. Never the less he produced some great rock albums and a new box set is coming out in May covering all his Chrysalis recordings between 1973 and 1980. Looks a good one, £11.93 from Amazon. Got mine ordered.

51b9yDahiJL._SS400_.jpg

A

Anonymous

Would I be right in saying this is the guy out of "It's a Boy's Game" set in Greenock???

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
That`s very good value and yes indeed he is a fine vocalist.

I always really liked `Why Don`t You Spend The Night` and was surprised it wasn`t a bigger hit. `When I`m Away From You` was pretty good also. I`ve just looked at the track listing and on the last disc it has a song called `Tears` which I`m assuming is the duet with Bonnie Tyler from her `Faster Than The Speed Of Night` album and if so that`s a very good song.

Probably have a listen initially on Spotify and hope the price doesn`t go up meantime!

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Yes great vocalist remember seeing him at Edinburgh Odeon , We were having a drink in the nearby Southern bar and said to my mate we better get a move don't want to miss start , he said it's okay look in the corner , Yup it was Frankie havin a pint, when he left so did we...

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Tartan Man said:
Would I be right in saying this is the guy out of "It's a Boy's Game" set in Greenock???

A pedant writes "Just A Boy's Game" actually
smiley-wink.gif

But yes, that's the one. A very bleak, Play For Today from the BBC as was the norm back in those days. I remember watching it at the time , set in the shipyards and various bars if I remember rightly.

A

Anonymous

" Ye Don't Go Back!!!"
smiley-tongue-out.gif

I thought "JUST a Boys Game" was really enjoyable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts