(any) Bluray Player - connected to TRUEHD/DTS MASTER AUDIO capable (digital decoding) A/V Receiver

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I can't think why I have not thought of this before...and for clarity I want to forget Video output for a second.

If a Bluray player is "passing through" the audio Bitstream through to a TrueHD/DTS Master Audio capable Receiver, the Bluray player is not actually "doing" anything with the audio stream, and this is obviously assuming it is accurately reading and transmitting the "data" bit for bit.

I am not seeing the digital audio output difference between Bluray players? what on earth am I missing, the "DAC" process is performed in the receiver. Are we measuring the musicality of the player based on how accurately it does the digital data reading bit?

Please enlighten me.

A

Anonymous

Not quite sure what you're getting at. Who suggested that any one player is better at bitstreaming than another? If you're bitstreaming the quality should be dependant on the external amplifier.

A

Anonymous

Exactly what I was thinking, in fact the same principle applies to the HDMI video signal...... so why would you buy a Denon 2500BT over a Panasonic DMP-BD30 for example

Are we assuming that all the reviews of bluray players are referring to anlogue output? (Denon not a good example because no analogue, but the principle still applies)

I cannot see any threads where WH are answering the question?

I also ask because a friend recently upgraded his bluray player, a Panny BD30, to a Denon 2500BT and was convinced that the sound was better, despite both being bitstreamed to a Denon 2809? of course the dealer "told" him it would and after £900 you probably convince yourself. But how could it?

There is of course an issue of data reading, transfer, error correcting method etc but that is scientifically measurable, I am asking should that not be the 1st point of the review of a bluray player? ....as an optical media data reading device, in the scenerio of an external A/V AMP

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
wildcard:
Exactly what I was thinking, in fact the same principle applies to the HDMI video signal...... so why would you buy a Denon 2500BT over a Panasonic DMP-BD35 for example

Are we assuming that all the reviews of bluray players are referring to anlogue output? (Denon not a good example because no analogue, but the principle still applies)

I cannot see any threads were WH are answering the question?

Transportation.

A

Anonymous

I am of the same thought. Im going to get the pana 35 over the pana 55 as I see no point in paying the extra money for exactly the same picture quality and sound that will be decoded by my amp anyway.

WHFI have given the answer that it sounds better because "it just does". Feel like the placebo is at work here!

A

Anonymous

it is really just the same as cd transport to feed digital stream to a dac, likes off musical fidelity dac, so the sound is a/v amp dependant ..

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
wildcard:
Gerrardasnails,

Care to elaborate?

If the Denon transport BD player is regarded as the best out there at the moment for sound and vision and you only get sound from it if you connect it to a capable receiver, it must mean that the transport is much better than the other BD players.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts