Any 3D HDMI with Panasonic 50VT20?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Decided to take the plunge and bought the 50VT20 package from Comet yesterday that comes with the BDT100, delivery on Monday. Wondering whether the TV comes with a 3D HDMI in the box. Doesn't look like it from the description on the website but it seems strange for Panasonic/retailers to sell such a package only for the consumer to find he/she can't connect it all up out of the box.

Could ring Comet but just wondering if anyone knows?

jcshutts

Mar 22, 2008
Visit site
i think it unlikely that it will come with an HDMI lead and in any case I would recommend investing in a good quality HDMI 1.4 plus a good power lead. I have just purchased the Audioquest Cinnamon cable 1.5 m for around £70 and I immediately noticed an improvement in 'noise reduction' on the picture and sharper images. I also bought a £50 power cable. WHF recommends Wireworld Chroma 6 for the HDMI and you will need to check for power cables on the last issue. let me know if you need me to look it up.

def lugs

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I bought the 42"GT20 package from a different retailer. No HDMI cable included. I used my existing high speed HDMI - non 1.4 version - and the 3D picture is excellent. I admit to not understanding all the standards for HDMI but if you have an existing cable I would try it first.

A

Anonymous

I've tried a cheap sub £10 cable, a £40 1.3 cable and a £100 1.4 spec cable with 3D TVs and all performed perfectly well with 3D content. I won't get into the whole picture quality/price issue but if you just want a 3D compatible cable then as def lugs says try an existing one if you have it.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
my retailer threw in a 1.4 hdmi cable with my tv and blu-ray player.. dont know if it was needed to be honest.. but use it anyway.. will full hd 3d work of a 1.3 cable with losses audio etc?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the comments/advice.

I've got about a dozen HDMI cables (including a couple of freebies from WHF this month)so, hopefully one of them will work.

After placing my order though, started reading about the 50hz issues with this TV. I had planned to wait for the 2011 plasmas but, as I effectively got the TV for £1426, decided to buy now.

Suppose will just have to wait and see and judge for myself.

def lugs

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
micks_address: will full hd 3d work of a 1.3 cable with losses audio etc?

The bandwidth of a high speed 1.3 cable should be sufficient, but I have not tried it. I upgraded my package from 100 to 300 panasonic with twin hdmi so I can use my old ( 2010! )Denon amplifier, which provides lossless audio. This player also came with the wifi dongel which I have plugged into the TV for networking.

A

Anonymous

Hi pejwright,

My name's Matt, and I'm from Comet.

After discussing this matter directly with the manufacturer, whilst basic cables are sometimes supplied with televisions and blu-ray players, I can confirm that HDMI leads are not supplied as these are deemed to be optional accessories, which can be purchased separately.

However in order to view 3D content you would require a HDMI lead (version 1.4), as indicated in the user manual. I can therefore confirm that your existing HDMI leads may not be suitable.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks Matt

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Sigh.

There's no such as a 1.4 HDMI lead. So long as the cable is certified as a High Speed cable, it will definitely pass 1080p 3D content and lossless audio - see the HDMI website. Other cables which aren't certified may work fine over short distances, so it's always worth trying any existing cables you have.

Why the HDMI organisation had to give ports a certain certification (1.3 or 1.4) and cables a different certification (Standard Speed and High Speed) and make everything so complex is beyond me, but there you go.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Matt & Prof.

Like I said, I've got 12 HDMI cables including Chord & QED so, hopefully I can get things set up. If not, it'll be a trip to one of my local dealers Monday afternoon. Still can't understand the logic of not being supplied with the necessary cables to get it up & running out of the box.

TRENDING THREADS