Unable to play 3d content on my system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was wondering if I can get some advice from some knowledgeable person here.

I've got a Sony KDL-46HX853 (arrived Monday), a Panasonic DMP BDT-210, and a Yahama YSP-600 all hooked up with Monster 1200 HDMI cables.

Sky 3d playing fine, I change the 3d setting on the tv to 'side by side' and content plays fine. However, when I play a 3d blu ray it plays in 2d despite me selecting 'play in 3d' from the disc menu. I can play simulated 3d but this is rubbish.

I have checked the setiings on the BDT-210 and it should detect a 3d disc automatically so I'm really baffled as to why its defaulting to 2d playback.

Any ideas? Is it possible that the soundbar is complicating matters and if so why doesn't this affect sky 3d playback?

Thanks in advance,

mike

A

Anonymous

Thanks. I'll try that tonight, but I'd want my blu ray going through the soundbar ideally

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Mikey311 said:
Thanks. I'll try that tonight, but I'd want my blu ray going through the soundbar ideally

Obviously, but that test will tell you whether or not it's the soundbar causing the issue won't it?

BTW, Sky3D isn't "Full" 3D like you'd get from a blu-ray player, it's very likely that a non-3D compatible soundbar or receiver will pass Sky 3d without an issue but won't pass Full 3D.

A

Anonymous

It will. If this is the problem, any recommendations on a good 3d compatible sound bar?

Thanks for the help - its appreciated

A

Anonymous

That sounds like a great idea. Going to lay bare my ignorance here, but no choice.. :oops:

Is this a standard fit lead or do different components have different size / types? Are they variable in quality?

Any suggestions would be greatly received.

A

Anonymous

Is it analogue I'll need? If so i reckon these look a good bet

http://www.whathifi.com/review/element-integra

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Best to connect via the following type of cable:

Digital optical cable: http://www.amazon.co.uk/tag/optical%20cable/products

WHS&V reviews here: http://www.whathifi.com/reviews/accessories/audio-interconnects-digital

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

Fantastic, thanks so much for the tips. I've ordered one to collect on my way home. :bounce:

A

Anonymous

I sorted this last night. got a Sandstrom silver optical lead from Currys and now have perfect 3d blu ray playback. I watched Ocean adventure t3d and it was simply spectacular. Full 3d/hd from the blu ray is far superior to sky 3d playback.

I'm very grateful for the help. I'd have probably bought a new sound bar instead of spending 40 quid on an optical lead

Many thanks

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
please dont tell me you paid £40 for an optical cable
smiley-cry.gif

A £2 one would have been just as good.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts