another lead forum post due to a change in hifi direction

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
I've decided that I use my Sonos more than my cd player, so have moved my better graded cables over to the Sonos side of the system. I've also used headphones more lately, so have moved better interconnects over to the headphone amp.

What I've gone for is:

Dacmagic (being fed by Sonos) to Cyrus 6vs2 amp. QED Reference audio evolution (my best lead on paper).

Amp to project headbox2 headphone amp (via tape out - is this the best?) - Chord Cobra

Cyrus CD6s CD player to Amp - 13 year old Audioquest quartz3, copper interconnect.

With my aged Sennheiser HD570's (hopefully soon to be replaced with 650's) the change in leads has given me a real increase in clarity and openness.

Only problem is the CD player now sounds dull and not particularly open. Any suggestions. £100 budget.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
You could possibly do worse than risk £20 or so on the Silver High Breed range - they tend to liven the sound up.

I am currently using Merlin Chopin Mk3 and that has a very nice sound at the top end.

As ever it's all a matter of taste and system synergy. See what you can pick up cheap from Fleabay and sell it on if not happy. The SHB chap offers a 30-day return policy, I recall.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts