Annoying sound coming from my Arcam gear

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
System is Arcam Diva 73 CD Player, Arcam A70 Amp, IQ5 Speakers, Silver Anniversary Bi Wire Cable and Chord Company Crimson interconnect.

When my system is on, but not playing any music I can hear a faint 'white noise' coming from the speakers. Is this normal and if not, how can I best rectify the situation? The noise isn't too intrusive, but would be good to know if I have a common problem here.

My other query would be on a upgrade path for the above system. Sounds good - but could do with a bit more punch and weight (plus excitment!). The set-up gives very good insight into the music, but can be a little lean. I listen to pretty much all types of music. Like the Arcam brand, but happy to look elsewhere if required. Budget would be around £600-800.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thankyou.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Woerndav"]Annoying sound coming from my Arcam gear[/quote]

Isn't that normal for Arcam gear? Sorry couldn't resist that one.

Do you have an electrical filter in your system? Could be noise on the mains electric. Does it sound any different if you turn off most other electrical items in the house or late at night/early morning?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I had 2 Arcam in the past (cd 7SE and DV88) and both have something wrong with them, nice enough products but not the best when it's come to build quality (from my own experience).

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Woerndav"]When my system is on, but not playing any music I can hear a faint 'white noise' coming from the speakers. Is this normal and if not, how can I best rectify the situation? The noise isn't too intrusive, but would be good to know if I have a common problem here.[/quote]

Sounds like a design problem / quirk to me. Most amplifiers do hiss a bit. It's very unlikely to be mains interference.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="IanS1"][quote user="Woerndav"]Annoying sound coming from my Arcam gear[/quote]

Isn't that normal for Arcam gear? Sorry couldn't resist that one.[/quote]

Damn, I spent ages yesterday afternoon resisting posting that, then you bin an gone an done it!

emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Sorry Andrew, I just couldn't resist it.
emotion-4.gif
emotion-5.gif
Yeahh! formatting as well
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Nice! No electrical filter and no, there really is no discernable difference when I turn off other electrical items. And there is me thinking this British made Arcam gear was alright......
emotion-1.gif
Looks like this is something I will have to live with. Thanks for the comments.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts