AnnoyIng clic Rega DAC

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I' ve bought a Squeezebox touch this week and I, m loving it!
Is the first Time that I ear my hi-res 24/96 files, but my Rega DAC makes a annoying clic when switching to from 44.1/48k to 88.2/98k. already changed the coax input but with no luck...
when I'm listening at low levels is tolerable, but when i'm listening at high levels is very, very annoying !!!
can be caused by some seting of the SBT or is from the DAC?
anyone have this problem? :poke: |(

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
domenn said:
I can hear it too in my dac , but I would not describe it as a click it sounds like digital beep :)

It is not precisely a click but not a beep either. sounds more like a rough signal, like the old tv's when they did not have emission, called white sound, but very short, seems to make a switch of some kind ...

A

Anonymous

I don't use a SBT (so not sure if that is the cause but shouldn't be I guess) but do not hear any untoward noise at all when my music inputs change between different formats 16/44 to 24/96.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
nailed it!!!!

after going to my Rega dealer (that is the importer for Portugal) and made several experiences in their lab, the annoying noise was still there...

we've changed cables, i've even took my squeezebox, my pc, and nothing, nada!

I went home, pissed, and brought with me a borrowed optical cable from QED, and put all together again, but instead of conected with RCA to my amp i've connected with my coax cable and the squeezebox to Rega DAC the new QED, and, NO ANNOYING NOISE when I change from a 44.1k to a hi-res 96k, nothing complete silence...

i'm going to report back to them tomorow because they are going to inform Rega of my problem. i'll keep you guys posted !

A

Anonymous

I've got a Rega Dac bought only about 2 months ago and it keeps clicking in the right channel only! I've used different coax cables and a different transport (a Sony blu-ray instead of my Cyrus Transport) and still the clicking in the right channel is there (I've swapped the interconnects left to right between my Rega Dac and my Audionote Zero preamp and the click changes channel so I KNOW IT IS THE DAC). I've also tried resiting the dac (RF?) and interestingly I was playing the title track from Storm Corrosion's album and via coax 3 (Cyrus Transport) the first 10 seconds ALWAYS CLICKS ABOUT 2 OR 3 TIMES IN THE RIGHT CHANNEL and then via coax 4 (Sony blu-ray BDS 370) THE SAME THING AGAIN! What is going on? (BTW this clicking ISN'T ON THE CD BECAUSE IF YOU CONNECT THE SONY DIRECTLY TO THE PREAMP - NO CLICKING).

System: Cyrus Transport; Sony BDS 370; Rega Dac; Audionote Zero R preamp; Croft Series 7 power amp; Tannoy DC6 Revolution Signature speakers on Kudos S50 stands.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hairy said:
I've got a Rega Dac bought only about 2 months ago and it keeps clicking in the right channel only! I've used different coax cables and a different transport (a Sony blu-ray instead of my Cyrus Transport) and still the clicking in the right channel is there (I've swapped the interconnects left to right between my Rega Dac and my Audionote Zero preamp and the click changes channel so I KNOW IT IS THE DAC). I've also tried resiting the dac (RF?) and interestingly I was playing the title track from Storm Corrosion's album and via coax 3 (Cyrus Transport) the first 10 seconds ALWAYS CLICKS ABOUT 2 OR 3 TIMES IN THE RIGHT CHANNEL and then via coax 4 (Sony blu-ray BDS 370) THE SAME THING AGAIN! What is going on? (BTW this clicking ISN'T ON THE CD BECAUSE IF YOU CONNECT THE SONY DIRECTLY TO THE PREAMP - NO CLICKING).

System: Cyrus Transport; Sony BDS 370; Rega Dac; Audionote Zero R preamp; Croft Series 7 power amp; Tannoy DC6 Revolution Signature speakers on Kudos S50 stands.

Your problem is a bit diferent from mine, my Rega DAC only cliks once, and is ONLY when the res from the file changes from 44.1 to 96k, and Vice versa, but only if connected through RCA's.

Take your DAC to your dealer, is my advice to you.

A

Anonymous

Did you find a solution to the clicking in the right channel as mine has developed the same fault

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
blakec said:
Did you find a solution to the clicking in the right channel as mine has developed the same fault

Some how yes!

Do you have a Squeezebox touch as well?

I was using the RCA from the SBT and change to Coax and Softned the problem... :dance:

You can Try as well this application

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net.au/index.php/news-blog-and-showcase/john-darkos-blog/item/362-enhanced-digital-output-applet-for-squeezebox-touch

Rega Says that is from the SBT... |(

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net.au/index.php/audio-reviews/digital-source-reviews/item/288-rega-24/192-dac-2-x-wolfson-wm8742

Reads the 7th paragraph... :help:

Did it help...?

A

Anonymous

I have a similar sort of issue with my Rega DAC. It's connected to my Virgin TiVo box via an optical cable. When I switch to an HD channel I experience the click, then nothing - silence. When I go back to a non-HD channel it's fine again.

Anyone got any ideas?

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Lots of people with rega DACs on here! I have had mine delivered today, so far I'm impressed I'm primarily using it with a Marantz cd6004 as a transport, obviously everything that comes from the transport is 44.1 kHz, where can I go to get higher res files?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts