Angry gamers start petition against LG Oled TVs

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

https://www.change.org/p/lg-electronics-hdr-game-mode-for-lg-oled-tvs?recruiter=371892780&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
You don't play games, so this doesn't affect you.
It does if I want to though. That's why I decided against a newer games console.

D

Deleted member 2457

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Am not even going near these lastest 4k HDR tv sets for now, just too many problems. My current tv set gives me an input lag as low as 26ms, & looks nice too with gaming & high bit rate material. Most of the 4k vidoes I has seen just hurt my eyes & looks unnatural.

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Just replaced my ancient Panny plasma with an LG65B6 OLED. Took advantage of a John Lewis' black friday deal and got a 5 year guarantee thrown in and 1/3 off.

Worked for about an hour with a PS4 Pro on 4K then packed up. Retracing my steps, it was connecting the TV to the net and allowing it do a software update that killed it.

LG have identified a bug in the OLED 55 and 65 TVs that mean the HDCP2.0 handshake with the PS4 pro fails. There is a software fix available on their site that fixes this and other PS4 related problems. Unfortunately, the TV doesn't download this version automatically if you do an online update - you have to download the fix to a PC, unzip, copy to a USB stick and upload it to the TV.

To be fair, it has fixed the problem and the PS4 now seems happy with 4K and HDR - but its just like owning a PC not a TV (which I guess it is...).

One observation is that it is remarkable how thin the panel is without a backlight. For the 2/3 of the panel than doesn't have the 'gubbins' behind it, the panel is only about 5mm thick.

D

Deleted member 2457

andyjm said:
Just replaced my ancient Panny plasma with an LG65B6 OLED. Took advantage of a John Lewis' black friday deal and got a 5 year guarantee thrown in and 1/3 off.

Worked for about an hour with a PS4 Pro on 4K then packed up. Retracing my steps, it was connecting the TV to the net and allowing it do a software update that killed it.

LG have identified a bug in the OLED 55 and 65 TVs that mean the HDCP2.0 handshake with the PS4 pro fails. There is a software fix available on their site that fixes this and other PS4 related problems. Unfortunately, the TV doesn't download this version automatically if you do an online update - you have to download the fix to a PC, unzip, copy to a USB stick and upload it to the TV.

To be fair, it has fixed the problem and the PS4 now seems happy with 4K and HDR - but its just like owning a PC not a TV (which I guess it is...).

One observation is that it is remarkable how thin the panel is without a backlight. For the 2/3 of the panel than doesn't have the 'gubbins' behind it, the panel is only about 5mm thick.
Nice one!

SAP7

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
So,

has the software update reduced lag? As the link in the OP?

Or just just sorted the glitch?

I've bought a PS4 pro, considering sky q for uhd, and thinking of a new tv to top this off.

The alternative is holding off on sky go, and waiting another contract year on sky until I go hi def and bag a new telly

Confused.

D

Deleted member 2457

SAP7 said:
So,

has the software update reduced lag? As the link in the OP?

Or just just sorted the glitch?

I've bought a PS4 pro, considering sky q for uhd, and thinking of a new tv to top this off.

The alternative is holding off on sky go, and waiting another contract year on sky until I go hi def and bag a new telly

Confused.
I am not sure to be honest. I think the US have brought out a firmware update but the UK is still waiting for one from what I can gather. You should try AV Forums too.

PictureSettings

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't think this has anything to do with HDR, because with native HDR content, there's no post processing needed. And without additional post processing, I can't see why there would be more or less input lag.

TRENDING THREADS