Angle of centre speaker.

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
Afternoon ppl,

My centre speaker sits directly in front as it should, however, it's not really angled towards my ears. It's aim is more towards my lower chest. Any ideas what I could use to change the angle so it's more at ear level???

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Goodness.... that's something I never as in NEVER thought about... great question with equally great answers... looking into it.

Sad as it may seem I have mine sitting in my cabinet and it is level.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
And your spelling, you mean "droll", drôle is the French spelling...

Yes, I know, somehow can't bring myself to use the droll expression, (rhymes with doll, just doesn't sound right) doesn't have any character, where as to me "drole" hits the high notes in what is trying to be said

IMHO of course

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
fayeanddavid said:
The_Lhc said:
And your spelling, you mean "droll", drôle is the French spelling...

Yes, I know, somehow can't bring myself to use the droll expression, (rhymes with doll,

No it doesn't.

However, and moving on.....................

Auralex Mopads have arrived, totally underwhelmed by the product itself, in terms of medium density open cell foam that has been machine cut........................but, and it is a big but, but is does seem to work!!!

So I have coloured in (in Black) the faces of the Mopads that can be seen, placed all four under the R600C, angled up at 4 degrees, and have to admit a definite improvement in sound, whether this is fully down to decoupling/isolation or just that the speaker is now angled up is, and will continue to be, a moot point in my mind.

But the deed is done, the speake looks good, the product is the product and the centre speaker sound has definitely improved (see possible caveat above).

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
fayeanddavid said:
Auralex Mopads have arrived, totally underwhelmed by the product itself, in terms of medium density open cell foam that has been machine cut........................but, and it is a big but, but is does seem to work!!!

So I have coloured in (in Black) the faces of the Mopads that can be seen, placed all four under the R600C, angled up at 4 degrees, and have to admit a definite improvement in sound, whether this is fully down to decoupling/isolation or just that the speaker is now angled up is, and will continue to be, a moot point in my mind.

But the deed is done, the speake looks good, the product is the product and the centre speaker sound has definitely improved (see possible caveat above).

Auralex don't do designer looks, but their stuff usually gets the job done.

Glad it worked out

Cno

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts