And now for some cabling...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone.

I am extremely happy with my system, comprising a Rotel RA-04, Cambride Audio Azur 640C V2.0 and Quad 11L2 'speakers (the distributor for Monitor Audio over here is beyond hopeless). Only one final thing to finish it off - cables.

I see the Atlas Equator MKII has been decorated, and so too has the QED Silver Anniversary XT, once again. I am currently using Van Den Hul's The Clearwater and an Acoustic Research Performance interconnect (of the inferior type). I know that using that as a source-to-amp cable is like trying to talk through a brick wall, and thus want to replace it quite urgently.

Anyone's suggestions will be gladly received.

Many thanks.
zimble01

A

Anonymous

Hi, I wouldn't get to hung up over it personally, but if I was to change cables I'd look at The Chord Company and True colours industries, but as always try before you buy, you may not need to.

A

Anonymous

if your really set on replacing your IC then i would recommend you have a look at the Van Den Hul D102 MKIII - just got mine a few days ago and so far ive been very impressed - mind you i did buy it second-hand so of course i consider it very good for the money i paid for it... Depending on your budget you may also consider the Black Rhodium Coda - check a review here: http://www.tech.co.uk/home-entertainment/hi-fi-and-audio/accessories/review/black-rhodium-coda

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies!

Currently I'm considering Chord Cobra, Van Den Hul The Name or the Atlas Equator MKII. Ecosse's The Composer is also an option. I'm looking for great transparency and a tad of bass-weight. My research reveals the Cobra to be favourable to my equipment, but also that VDH will provide some bass. Should I stick with VDH?

zimble01

A

Anonymous

I'm using VDH The Name with my Pro-ject/Linn/Ruark system and I'm pretty happy with it - certainly don't feel the need to change it.

Although I have been wondering about the interconnect that came with my turntable...maybe that would benefit from a change too!