Analogue Works

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
It wasn't too far out of my way as I travelled home from Suffolk, so I popped into Divine Audio to view their new AnalogueWorks turntables. I didn't get to hear any, but it was an interesting half hour nonetheless. I'm now dreaming of a Turntable Two with a top walnut veneer. Gorgeous! They're exhibiting at Windsor this coming weekend.

ifor said:
It wasn't too far out of my way as I travelled home from Suffolk, so I popped into Divine Audio to view their new AnalogueWorks turntables. I didn't get to hear any, but it was an interesting half hour nonetheless. I'm now dreaming of a Turntable Two with a top walnut veneer. Gorgeous! They're exhibiting at Windsor this coming weekend.

They appear to be good value.

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Yes, the TT2 looks nice and chunky. I like the new choices of plinth finish too, and the option of a 12" TT1 plinth. The Zero looks to be good value. Prices have certainly increased since I acquired my TT1 last year. I recently fitted an Audiomods Series IV Micrometer arm along with a Nag MP-500. *biggrin*

22149243061_ce07748a16_z.jpg
P1030757[/IMG]

friendly_ghost

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I have been eyeing up these tables since your original thread about purchasing yours. I think they're beautiful, but with the new price increase they're sadly out of budget now...
Another issue is I can't go and see one in Belgium, let alone audition!

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
friendly_ghost said:
I have been eyeing up these tables since your original thread about purchasing yours. I think they're beautiful, but with the new price increase they're sadly out of budget now...Another issue is I can't go and see one in Belgium, let alone audition!

Auditioning from Belgium would be difficult, but they have a shelf load of old / halfway to new models. If you are seriously interest you should give them a call. You might get a really good deal.

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi Steve,

Less than 20 hours on it so far.

Comparing the two arm/cart combinations (Origin Live Alliance/MP-200 v Audio Mods IV/MP-500) the immediate and obvious difference has been the improved bass from the new set-up. The bass sound is so much better. It is both stronger and more well defined. I have also been experimenting with the VTA on the Audio Mods arm. The micrometer adjustment makes it a breeze and enables quicker and hence more accurate comparisons.

friendly_ghost

May 8, 2014
Visit site
ifor said:
friendly_ghost said:
I have been eyeing up these tables since your original thread about purchasing yours. I think they're beautiful, but with the new price increase they're sadly out of budget now...Another issue is I can't go and see one in Belgium, let alone audition!

Auditioning from Belgium would be difficult, but they have a shelf load of old / halfway to new models. If you are seriously interest you should give them a call. You might get a really good deal.

Oh, that is really tempting. But I need to save my money as I'll be unemployed and travelling in South-America for the better part of 2016. Will be the first extra I treat myself to when I get a new job though!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Al ears said:
stevebrock said:
bass is kick ass on the MP500

Lovely descriptive term. I think it should be incorporated into all cartridge reviews. :)

But yes, I agree.

The pictures on the walls shake, I dunno it just takes over with authority but still the mid range & treble comes through - the seperation is so well defined. Bass guitars sound so natural - Kim Deals bass lines on Doolittle LP are just insane. Tracks really well too. The detail on a Dynavector 10x5 probably just beats it but all-round the Nagaoka does it all........very very well and IMO is more musical than the very good 10x5.

stevebrock said:
Al ears said:
stevebrock said:
bass is kick ass on the MP500

Lovely descriptive term. I think it should be incorporated into all cartridge reviews. :)

But yes, I agree.

The pictures on the walls shake, I dunno it just takes over with authority but still the mid range & treble comes through - the seperation is so well defined. Bass guitars sound so natural - Kim Deals bass lines on Doolittle LP are just insane. Tracks really well too. The detail on a Dynavector 10x5 probably just beats it but all-round the Nagaoka does it all........very very well and IMO is more musical than the very good 10x5.

Good to hear. I always rated Nags but have not heard the 500. Enjoy, even if it does annoy the neighbours. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts