An oldie but a goldie!!

D

Deleted member 2457

farawaydave said:
Now that plasma seems to be on the way out.how about the old question ,led v plasma is the argument stil relative?

Good question - probably not. I guess it is just LED and then 4K and then OLED now and we all know which one is better there. I think it will just come down to price and maybe size now. I am not sure what I would do if my plasma went wrong now, I would probably buy a bigger TV and an LED, something like the Samsung 55F8000 and then get it calibrated. That is my plan.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
farawaydave said:
unfortunatly my old panasonic plasma is showing signs of wear and tare so its time to replace it but cant find a 50+ tv i like the look of

We are only in january, give it a few months and manufactures will be bringing out new screens, i understand the urge though i have a 46" panasonic plasma and i would like to upgrade to a 60" 4K LED tv but it's not going to happen this year. :cry:

farawaydave

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
I would LOVE to upgrade to 4k but affordability is probably 2 years away.My 50'panasonic is pretty much done for so I want a stop gap replacement some good deals around so will have to choose

farawaydave

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
like i said im not gonna spend £2k on a 55/60' tv to have to spend it again when the 4ks come down in price but im looking at all the offers dont really want to go smaller than 55.my panasonic is 7 years old and was the entry level plasma (th50pz80) so last years entry level are still better than mine when it was new

Legacy260

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
For me the question is more about broadcast quality and what is coming along in 2015/16. I am just not convinced OLED is the future and would be very tempted if I had to buy a new TV (luckily I don't tuch wood), to pick up an end of the line plasma and wait. As ever prices of new technology will fall but is this the best in technology...what about holograms and more involvement from the IT software crowd??

farawaydave

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
I wish i'd stumped up the bit extra for the pz81 the pz 80 doesnt have the optical out which has caused me no end of problems.With regards to end of line plasmas,the samsung 60in f5500 looks a steal at £950 considering my pz80 cost over £1000 7 years ago

TRENDING THREADS