An attempt to get it right..

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have the following:

Toshiba 32RV635D ( old, but like me, ok...)

Humax Foxsat HDR

Sony BDP - S380 BluRay

Wii

and

Sony STR - KSL60 Sound system (even older, but here's the rub...)

I would really like to know what sound system to purchase as I cannot get the present system (KSL60), to link with TV or Humax. Which is a bit of a bummer.

So if you have any ideas to upgrade my sound system to I would be grateful.

Money - happy to spend a bit but not mega bucks...

Please help - I have read all the reviews and am becoming rather confused...

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Looks like your Sony system has one digital optical and one digital coaxial input (that can be used at the same time) - is the issue that you've connected your Sony Blu-ray player into this via optical and therefore can't also connect the TV and the Humax?

If so, another option would be to connect your Blu-ray player into the system via digital coaxial - this will then free up the optical input for your TV or Humax. If you wanted to connect both up, you could get an optical splitter like this one.

Otherwise, if you really want a new system, you might need to clarify what "a bit" means - £100? £200? More? Also, are you after a full 5.1 surround system still?

A

Anonymous

Thank you for the info - I will explore the splitter situation...However if I were to purchase a new system I would be happy to spend , say £500 or a little bit more if pushed. I am aware this doesn't buy me a lot, but what, in your opinion would be the best? Also - the speaker packages available will need an amp/av I presume...so...

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Is that £500 for the amp or with the speakers as well, you may want to consider, -manufactures are about to bring out new batches or replacement amps around this time so you may want to consider whether to buy a discounted last years model or spend top price on a new model for example last years award winning onkyo 609 amp is know £379.95 at superfi.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for that - I hadn't considered last years model - maybe that is a good way to go ...time to think...again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts