An apology to the Polish community

Alberich

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I would like to apologise for the comment i made on the DM5 thread.
I apologise for the offence i caused to anyone from the Polish community, or to anyone else for that matter who was offended by my comment.
I have not read any further posts on that thread apart from chebbys directly after so I'm not aware of any reactions if any to my comment.
I find the Polish community an inspiration and a conscientious people with many charming qualities.
Being of Irish decent myself, i should be all too aware of the impact flippant insulting comments can make and should know better.

My comment was made in a moment of anger towards what I felt was bullying towards a forum member. I'm not condoning it, just stating the reasons for it happening.
My own sensitive personality makes it a poor choice for me to continue with forum debates as it can get rather unsavoury at times and i, to my shame contributed.

So I'll sign out and once again I am sorry.

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Alberich said:
I would like to apologise for the comment i made on the DM5 thread. I apologise for the offence i caused to anyone from the Polish community, or to anyone else for that matter who was offended by my comment. I have not read any further posts on that thread apart from chebbys directly after so I'm not aware of any reactions if any to my comment. I find the Polish community an inspiration and a conscientious people with many charming qualities. Being of Irish decent myself, i should be all too aware of the impact flippant insulting comments can make and should know better.

My comment was made in a moment of anger towards what I felt was bullying towards a forum member. I'm not condoning it, just stating the reasons for it happening. My own sensitive personality makes it a poor choice for me to continue with forum debates as it can get rather unsavoury at times and i, to my shame contributed.

Hello, I am Polish and British ( seince many years living in Germany ) I haven't read your thread and I admit I don't know what it is about. Is it political ;) ? If so having known the British and Irish as well as Polish extremely well I can only appreciate the fact that what you admit now should probably come not from you but from but Mr Cameron's mouth who for all his reigning years have cleverly dispensed his "lovely" views about the Polish WHOM - in fact - the UK PERSONALLY INVITED in 2004 and opened their borders for them for work. Poland nowadays stays stronger ( especially thanks to the UE ) and in fact is a beautiful country full of nice people who always defend their nationality and respect their cultural values. Of course, apart from cool Polish people there are many f*kwits and silly Poles too who spoil the stereotypes abroad in spite of those Poles living in Poland who often suffer for these stereotypes .

​Peace , love and Hi Fi...

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Alberich said:
I would like to apologise for the comment i made on the DM5 thread. I apologise for the offence i caused to anyone from the Polish community, or to anyone else for that matter who was offended by my comment. I have not read any further posts on that thread apart from chebbys directly after so I'm not aware of any reactions if any to my comment. I find the Polish community an inspiration and a conscientious people with many charming qualities. Being of Irish decent myself, i should be all too aware of the impact flippant insulting comments can make and should know better.

My comment was made in a moment of anger towards what I felt was bullying towards a forum member. I'm not condoning it, just stating the reasons for it happening. My own sensitive personality makes it a poor choice for me to continue with forum debates as it can get rather unsavoury at times and i, to my shame contributed.

I seriously would not worry about it

the threads are all becoming all about active speakers for the last 2 weeks and gets very boring . Debating gets very heated sometimes on here and you would not be the first person to lose it I have as well as meany others . So the best advice I can give you is walk away from that debate before you boil over .

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Never found any Polish people to be anything but charming, endearing and keen to contribute to - and integrate with - the wider community they have adopted as their own. Shame I can't say the same for some other cultures which choose to make this country their home. I don't partcularly care if some people decide to read into that more than I have written and they find it offensive.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Never found any Polish people to be anything but charming, endearing and keen to contribute to - and integrate with - the wider community they have adopted as their own.

I couldn't agree more. We have a few Poles working where I am - hard working, very polite and friendly. Unlike some British people I know.

shadders

Hi Alberich,

We all make rash judgements and responses, and i know that it was not meant to be offensive. The comment is always meant to be derisory of a persons behaviour, not the persons background or race. Same as others posting here, no issue with anyones background or origin.

Regards,

Shadders.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
stereoman said:
drummerman said:
Sure but do they make any decent hifi?

1 . One of the major Polish producers http://unitra.pl2. All Polish Hi Fi producers http://hifi.pl/przewodnik/pl-produkcja.php

Thanks.

I hope products of the first link sound better than the site navigates.

Unfortunately, I have not heard of many of the manufacturers in the second of your links but its good to see the country is producing a variety of Hifi.

Maybe Bogit can add some to his ever groing distribution catalogue :)

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
drummerman said:
stereoman said:
drummerman said:
Sure but do they make any decent hifi?

1 . One of the major Polish producers http://unitra.pl2. All Polish Hi Fi producers http://hifi.pl/przewodnik/pl-produkcja.php

Thanks.

I hope products of the first link sound better than the site navigates.

Unfortunately, I have not heard of many of the manufacturers in the second of your links but its good to see the country is producing a variety of Hifi.

Maybe Bogit can add some to his ever groing distribution catalogue :)

Yes to be honest I don't really know how it looks like with those Polish brands in terms of selling / buying. I mean how much they export , sell their own products inland etc. I know some like Tonsil or Unitra are very popular in Poland and some are total niche. I know that most of the Hi Fi shops in Poland distribute them.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
shadders said:
Hi Alberich,

We all make rash judgements and responses, and i know that it was not meant to be offensive. The comment is always meant to be derisory of a persons behaviour, not the persons background or race. Same as others posting here, no issue with anyones background or origin.

Regards,

Shadders.

Spot on. I don't think you really said anything wrong, especially as you have since apologised. Nothing to worry about. I've said worse to people here when emotions run over, just that mine wasn't seen as politically incorrect as yours. Was just a silly mistake, a schoolboy error, that you understand, so move on and groove on!

radiorog said:
shadders said:
Hi Alberich,

Regards,

Shadders.

Spot on. I don't think you really said anything wrong, especially as you have since apologised. Nothing to worry about. I've said worse to people here when emotions run over, just that mine wasn't seen as politically incorrect as yours. Was just a silly mistake, a schoolboy error, that you understand, so move on and groove on!

Things can get said that maybe shouldn't have been said in a heated debate. Maybe there should be a RETRACT button on this forum for those 'morning after' moments. Might save the mods a job. :)

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Agree re Poles, the ones I've met, which is quite a few as I live in London have always been people of good charecter. One of my favourite collegues is Polish, I dated a Polish girl.

Good for you for putting your hands up, I suggest we move on and it would be a shame for you not to contobute in the future, perhaps you could reconsider your stance on that.

The Khozmo / Hattor brand is very well regarded and the chap who runs it one of the most helpful I've dealt with.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
bluedroog said:
Agree re Poles, the ones I've met, which is quite a few as I live in London have always been people of good charecter. One of my favourite collegues is Polish, I dated a Polish girl.

Good for you for putting your hands up, I suggest we move on and it would be a shame for you not to contobute in the future, perhaps you could reconsider your stance on that.

The Khozmo / Hattor brand is very well regarded and the chap who runs it one of the most helpful I've dealt with.

Yeah me too (dated a Polish girl).

Unfortunately she was nuts.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
drummerman said:
bluedroog said:

Unfortunately she was nuts.

Says the man in a dress *biggrin*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts