Amstrad sky HD box where is the new EPG?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hey all

i had sky hd installed few weeks ago i have the amstrad one but it still has the same menus as my old sky box(apart from listing the hd channels and hd pic options) the ones i have seen in shops have this new menu system but they have been thompson and pace boxes! any idea when the new menu will be on the amstrad boxes or shall i call mr sugar?

oh and now i have standard hd box i see there are 1Tb 1.5 Tb and 2TB boxes since when? mine is only 320gb:(

daveh75

Snakey:
hey all

i had sky hd installed few weeks ago i have the amstrad one but it still has the same menus as my old sky box(apart from listing the hd channels and hd pic options) the ones i have seen in shops have this new menu system but they have been thompson and pace boxes! any idea when the new menu will be on the amstrad boxes or shall i call mr sugar?Did the installer not try to force an update when he fitted the box? He should have done!

To force an update,

switch the box off at the mains,
press and hold the back-up button,and switch the mains back on,

keeping the back up button pressed until all the lights on the box come on,you can now release the back up button,
the box is now downloading firmware(may take up to 20 mins)

once it's finished,the box will go into stand-by mode, leave for a couple of minutes before switching on.oh and now i have standard hd box i see there are 1Tb 1.5 Tb and 2TB boxes since when? mine is only 320gb:( Well no not quite, There's a new 500GB HD box (of which 250GB is usuable recording space) and a new 1TB HD box( that has a 1.5TB drive with 1TB of recording space). The boxes have been available for several weeks now, the 1TB version only being available at a premium(£250)

A

Anonymous

hey daveh75

yeah the guy did the forced update then off while it was updating he was only here 10 mins as i had a dish already installed cost me 60 quid plus the box now i have to move:( but when the update was complete i still had the old software i have looked at some forums on the subject and they said that the amstrad boxes have no update yet? that was in feb though!!! If i do the forced update myself will i lose my recordings on the hard drive?

thanks for the info by the way mate

daveh75

No, you wont lose any recordings by forcing an update. All the Amstrad's i've come across of late,all have the new EPG now, so if yours doesn't have it, and forcing it doesn't get you it, i'd say it should be imminent.

A

Anonymous

daveh75

hey mate yeah did the forced update happy to say it worked looks a lot better now more modern little slower to respond but looks so much sweeter is it my eyes or does the pic improve too? probably me though and my specs

many thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts