Amps with Optical Input (computer to amp)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've been looking at a few different amps recently, but am trying to find one that has an optical input so I can play music on my PC through it. The tech/specs never seem to list this on most websites I have visited and was hoping someone here could help. At the moment I just run a 3.5mm jack -> RCA wire from the soundcard to my amp, but am worried about loss of sound quality as I just use the built in soundcard, which is why I want to use the optical port.

I had my eye on the NAD c352, but would of course consider any suggestions in that general price range (~£300)

Thanks in advance.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
As Thaiman said.

Beresford TC-7520 is around £180 including VAT and UK postage. (1 optical + 1 USB + 2x coax digital inputs).

Beresford TC-7510 just over £140 including VAT and UK postage. (2 optical + 2x coax digital inputs).

The TC-7520 is somewhat better sound quality. Both models have built in headphone amps and either fixed or variable outputs.

The TC-7520 can have it's opamps user upgraded easily in a few minutes with slot in components costing £10 or less from ebay with no soldering or electronics skills required.

The TC-7510 cannot be user upgraded without good soldering skills and a knowledge of what you are doing.

More info here.

If you only need 1 optical input and like better quality and you are the sociable type - who wants their mates/missus/GF with (USB only) laptops to be able to use the same DAC - then the TC-7520 is the better match.

If you don't need USB and prefer 2 optical inputs (for a second device like a Freeview/Sky/Virgin box or PS3 or whatever) then - despite the slight quality difference - the TC-7510 would suit better and save you £40

A

Anonymous

Ah you have heard them both now then chebby?
emotion-1.gif
where would you say the main differencies lie between the 7510 and 7520.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts