Amps with din inputs

jimmy1

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I really thought these where done away with years ago but are still on some high end naim amps, last time i had them was an HMV amp with wooden sides and glass fuses you had to replace from tandy's when they blew, ahhhh nostalgia attack :).

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
And sockets were originally designed for military and industrial use. They were self cleaning and lockable which made them reliable and quite robust.

at the end of the 60s they were incorporated into the wide ranging German DIN standard for home audio and 3 and 5 pin connectors in particular were very widely used in europe. They are technically better than most regular phono plugs and the bayonet lock models used on Naim amplifiers for the last 30+ years are very good indeed.

jimmy1

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
They where quite sketchy on my HMV amp but i did get it from a flea market, the vu metres worked tho, i had a shneider amp at one point too that was bigger than standard seperate sizes, deeper and wider it really packed a wallop aswell but the din inputs on that seemed sketchy aswell

jimmy1

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
They didnt lock on mine to be fair and both second hand flea market bargains but im sure they must work if still used on high end stuff

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts