Amplifier for Rountree Omnimon speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

two weeks back I have bought fabulous speakers Rountree Omnimon 1. I had a demo with LFD amplifier and I found it very detailed, warm and dynamic. But it was quite old and I am thinking to buy a new one. I transport the speakers to Germany and now I am looking for a very good amplifier for it and here is the problem.The speaker itself is very sensitive to transport because the enclosure is made by structural foam and in germany it is not common that music store will bring amplifier at home for demo. So unfortunately I had no choice to buy may be 2/3 amplifiers one by one and see which are matched and played perfectly and return the rests. I know it is not easy for others to recommend an amplifer for another person. Because every person has his own taste of listening. But even if any of the member has experience with these speakers and listen any amplifier with that which they found good would be helpful for me. I love to listen Rock, house, soul and jajj. So definitely I love to have musical, detailed and warm (not neutral) sound. But I prefer not to buy any tube amplifer. My range is between 2K-7K pound. I hope i would get a good amplifier within this range.

So my dear audiophile friends .. If you have any suggestion please give a comment.

* It would be also nice to have idea about the speaker cable and interconnect cable.

greetings from Germany!

oldric_naubhoff

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
for that budget, Pathos Inpol 2. OK, there's 4 signal tubes in input but it's not a tube amp. I know you'll find little info on the web about this amp for your preliminary research but you'll find more reviews about Pathos TT which is Inpol2's older brother. you can refer to those reviews if you want to.

other than that you could try Musical Fidelity AMS integrated or Lavardin IT (or at least IS reference). there's a guy on this forum who would vouch with his life for the AMS amp (hi CNO! :wave: ). definitely worth giving a shot. or maybe some Pass Labs class A integrated? (INT-30 A).

seeing that you're in Germany now you could also try out Octave amps. I know it's a tube amp but reportedly not tube-sounding and also has very good press.

good hunting. for that budget you'll definitely find something wonderful.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
oldric_naubhoff said:
for that budget, Pathos Inpol 2. OK, there's 4 signal tubes in input but it's not a tube amp. I know you'll find little info on the web about this amp for your preliminary research but you'll find more reviews about Pathos TT which is Inpol2's older brother. you can refer to those reviews if you want to.

other than that you could try Musical Fidelity AMS integrated or Lavardin IT (or at least IS reference). there's a guy on this forum who would vouch with his life for the AMS amp (hi CNO! :wave: ). definitely worth giving a shot. or maybe some Pass Labs class A integrated? (INT-30 A).

seeing that you're in Germany now you could also try out Octave amps. I know it's a tube amp but reportedly not tube-sounding and also has very good press.

good hunting. for that budget you'll definitely find something wonderful.

Wot he said....nothing really to add (for once).

Cno

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
pial said:
Hello,

So my dear audiophile friends .. If you have any suggestion please give a comment.

* It would be also nice to have idea about the speaker cable and interconnect cable.

greetings from Germany!

I wish I had that budget! I am not very sure about your sources but if you really look for then you can try to get a Classe CA-2200 / CA 2300 with a CP-800 (which seems to be an excellent pre-amp).

I had Pathos Inpol2 in the past. It is a beautifully made and beautiful sounding amp. Back then, I loved it alot but on the hindsight, I would say that the Inpol2 sugar coats a tad much. There is nothing wrong in that but one needs to like that. Also, the Inpol2 doubled as a room heater! It was too much for me back then and so I let it go.

Thanks to cno, I am back in HiFi business (he is not aware of it, yet!) and I just got myself a Classe CAP 2100 (Yet to receive). Agreed it is not the newest and not the powerful but I am not into multiple boxes

I already made too many changes in my system to compare Inpol2 to CAP 2100 but I will post some views once I receive it.

BTW.. Where are you in Germany? I am from NRW and in case you are close by, we can figure out something about trying the CAP 2100 in your system, If you would like to try.

A

Anonymous

Thanks a lot to everybody who spends precious time for me and give wise comments. As a source I have NAD 565 BEE CD player. But I have a plan to change it very soon and planning to get better hi end CD player and good turntable. I thought to get Classe' amplifer too. But only concern what I have about Classe' about bass. Because searching in internet the review I have got about Classe that the base isn't so deep. Because I listen sometimes house music. Because one thing I should tell that the speakers are little weak in mid and upper base. So it's my pleasure if I would get the chance to try out with Classe and I am pretty lucky to say that I live in Cologne. Wshtree please contact me over email. So that I will send you my address and you can think whether it is possible for you to come and do a test. My email address: saimun_pial@hotmail.com.

have a nice weekend to everybody.

this is the link for review rountree omnimon speakers who is interested to know about it.

http://www.avguide.com/review/the-rountree-omnimon-loudspeaker?page=1

Pial

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts