Question Amplifier for dali menuet

franka

Apr 29, 2020
Visit site
Good morning, my name is Fran and I am from the north of Spain.
I have some Dali menuet boxes, with a jvc a10x amplifier and an ifizen dac dac.

Right now I am testing a cambridge audio cxa61 and I will tell you about the experience

Dali Menuet boxes
Dac, ifi zen dac
ampli jvc a10x (from year 87, 25rms at 8ohm, not being stable at 4ohm, but it does not matter hehe) and the cxa61

Tests:

A) Jvc + ifizen + menuet = I like the sound, it sounds very flat, very round, but I always said fudge, a new amp has to give more war, I once tried the rotel a11, and I said .... if they sound same !!!
B) jvc + dac saber of cxa61 and preout output to jvc = improvement is noted in the dac, the ifi zen, has an improved normal burr brown and the truth that sounds great for 149e, the sound is more vivid, and more open of scene, I could say that I like "something" more. Saber always air more treble. for example the ak4499 etc ... are flatter on top and sweeter to my liking.
C) cxa61 + ifi zen dac by an auxiliary = It sounds like the jvc, but clearly it has that touch of less depth and the trebles too airy and hard, clearly that change in the sound is given by the cambridge ... the British sound they call haha.
D) cxa61 with its dac saber = It shows a little more watts, but not as explicit as in the jvc, they are shallower and less defined watts, to take into account that the jvc is 25w rms at 8 ohm, not being stable at 4ohm and it does not matter, I will have high distortion but the device does not even notice ..... from the year 87, well, that ... about 30 thousand pesetas my father paid in the courthouse in Bilbao when the hifi was the ostia there.

the cxa61 is new, it will need a few hours, but I don't think it will soften much ..... I will listen to it a few more and I will surely return it ... on top of the cxa81, they comment that it is not so fine, more watts but worse For me, if the sound is not as beautiful as they comment

So first of all, Cambridge ruled out audio. I have been recommended on several sites by marantz

That is why Rotel right now would also do well for its "flat" sound with this box.

So also when I had the B&W cm6s2 box, with Rotel I found the sound bland, and with marantz pm 7005 I loved it.

See if I can get a rotel a14,

And I will get some marantz to see to test the sound profile if it suits me better.

The cambridge is very robust, but its terminals are terrible for an amp of 899 euros ..... otherwise very well built

A greeting !!! Thanksss !!!

franka

Apr 29, 2020
Visit site
Good evening, I am already testing the Marantz 7005 and I am really very happy with the result. I keep this amplifier with Dali Menuet boxes

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts