AMPLIFIER EXPERTS

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,

Need some advice in which amp is recommended for me?? I would like to upgrade my amp but currently there is not much good stuff around my budget. Please advice, calling all expert that can find a matching amp for me.

Budget = 450 to 550 pounds

My current Systems

AMP = NAD C352

CD= NAD C542

Speaker = Monitor Audio RS6

Interconnect = Chord Chammeleon Silver Plus

Speaker Cable = Van Den Hul CS 122 Hybrid

A

Anonymous

I find that after listening to my current amp after two years abit boring. The vocals are not forward and outright enough, i would lke to add more dynamics on the midrange and also detail.

Some people told me that NAD is not a very good amp, i am not sure how to improve the sound. I recently bought the chord co. interconnect to improve my system but i find that the improvement is not what i would expect.

A

Anonymous

nad amps are very good budget amp so cant agree there

also if you want to improve the sound significantly you need to look at something like the naim roksan or audio analog amplifiers in other words moving up to the £700 to £800 mark

A

Anonymous

I always wonder, is the amp power rating important? Mine is 80watts per channel, should i go higher or just get a expensive amp with lower power. I can't seem to find high wattage amp nowadays. Mostly somewhere 40watts to 50 watts.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
From what you've described, you could try the Rotel RA04se or RA05se. The Rotels are a little more neutral (the NAD being on the slightly softer side), and will add more control and punch in the bass, bring out the mid and treble a little more, and sound a bit more like it means business.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Frank,

so the new RA-04 and RA-05 are sounding good ?

Can you tell if they are an improvement over the previous models ?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Sorry, didn't get to hear the previous Rotels as we had a break from dealing with them - when we took them back on we knew the newer models would be coming, so waited for those. They're exactly what you would expect from Rotel, I can say that - dynamic, powerful, neutral with plenty of drive. Excellent value for money, as ever.

tansriloi:

Hi guys,

Need some advice in which amp is recommended for me?? I would like to upgrade my amp but currently there is not much good stuff around my budget. Please advice, calling all expert that can find a matching amp for me.

My current Systems

AMP = NAD C352

CD= NAD C542

Hi

Rotel amps are brilliant, but not a good mix with RS6's. The best way to liven up your system, a pretty decent step-up in quality look no further than Roksan Kandy LIII. These can be picked up for about £400-£450 on ebay. I tested it with my system (see sig below) and the synergy is great.

Alternatively, Creek Evo is a cracker also, very fast, tight delivery -- again, good synergy too.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
plastic penguin:tansriloi:

Hi guys,

My current Systems

AMP = NAD C352

CD= NAD C542

Hi

Rotel amps are brilliant, but not a good mix with RS6's. The best way to liven up your system, a pretty decent step-up in quality look no further than Roksan Kandy LIII. These can be picked up for about £400-£450 on ebay. I tested it with my system (see sig below) and the synergy is great.

Alternatively, Creek Evo is a cracker also, very fast, tight delivery -- again, good synergy too.

As a fellow RS6 owner, PP is on the money here - I was about to say the same. I demo'd mine with the older Rotel range and then bought the Creek Evo (the old one) - a fabulous match for the RS6 speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts