Amplification for MA RX2

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

theexcitableboy

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Inter_Voice said:
With your room size RX2 may generate too much BASS as it is of rear ported design. May be you should consider BX2 instead which is front ported and is cheaper :)

Hmm, thanks for the suggestions. I had been told perviously that the RX2s may be too boomy for me. Would I be losing out on much by going with the RX1s instead? What about the KEF Q300s?

I'm lost with choice again now :?

theexcitableboy

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
hortensio said:
If I were you, I will go for either marantz pm 6004 or Nad 326 with RX 1 (or -specially with NAD 326- B&W 685). :cheers:

Only just read your reply now, but I have to say that's exactly what I was thinking. RX1s with the PM6004. Planning Atacama Nexus 7i stands too. Only problem is, my existing amp has a built in DAC. Getting the PM6004 would mean losing that, and relying on my computer's soundcard to convert until I could afford a dedicated DAC such as CA's DacMagic. Hmm. I'll get the RX1s first and then upgrade my amp later on. Thanks again for all the advice, I think I know what I'm doing now. Hopefully it makes sense.

theexcitableboy said:
hortensio said:
If I were you, I will go for either marantz pm 6004 or Nad 326 with RX 1 (or -specially with NAD 326- B&W 685). :cheers:

Only just read your reply now, but I have to say that's exactly what I was thinking. RX1s with the PM6004. Planning Atacama Nexus 7i stands too. Only problem is, my existing amp has a built in DAC. Getting the PM6004 would mean losing that, and relying on my computer's soundcard to convert until I could afford a dedicated DAC such as CA's DacMagic. Hmm. I'll get the RX1s first and then upgrade my amp later on. Thanks again for all the advice, I think I know what I'm doing now. Hopefully it makes sense.

I'd say go for the Nad 326BEE and MA RX1s. They should have enough oomph for your room and the £200 (roughly) saving will go towards the Dac of your choice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts