Ampilfier Advice please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All My first post here so forgive me if I am going over old ground. I sold my JBL creatures pc speakers and got some Kef Q15 to run instead using 192+ VBR encoded mp3's. I don;t have a stereo amp at present and am looking at some budget amps that will sound nice. I'm considering the cambridge audio A1 or A5 or Azur 340. Can you gents please give me your advice. Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi BrendanO
So what is the source for your amp going to be, your pc?

A

Anonymous

i guess then it depends on how much your budget is and quality of sound that you're looking for?

A

Anonymous

best sound on a low budget - I'm really impressed with CA stuff and reckon any amp will be good but if I'm going to buy a dedicated stereo amp it may be wise to buy something decent now rather than getting an amp for my mac then later an amp for cd's !!

considered going for the 540a to match my receiver but don't know if I can justify it for a computer setup initially !!

A

Anonymous

Cambridge stuff is good for the money and has had many a favourable review but it depends as i said what your budget is?
You mentioned an iCHORD to connect your pc to the amp which i guess retails around £45, personally i'd have a look at this(does the same job) only £30 cheaper
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/iPod-MP3-PC-GOTHAM-SWISS-GAC-1-Hi-Fi-interconnect_W0QQitemZ380009869959QQihZ025QQcategoryZ116850QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262
The money you save there you could go for the CA 340A SE WHSV 5*'s currently £179.95 at Richer Sounds

A

Anonymous

hi mate

thanks for advice - went for CA 540a and got a java 3.5mm jack to phono cable as well as 8 meters of Ixos XHS553 and 5 year warranty !!

just need to plug it in now !!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts