Amp to replace Nait 5

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Paul,

I'm not sure if my comments will be helpful/relevant or not as I've not heard the components in your system.

My system currently is a Densen cd player, Naim 92/90 pre/power amp and Mission 752 speakers. I always felt the cd player could shine beyond my current amp and speakers. After listening to the Talisman 2s recently (and I think you're right in that they've loads of potential) I purchased a pair of Crusader 2s (blind) which will arrive in a few days. After much research online (other forums primarily) I came across a lot of good comments from ex-Naim owners for NVA amps - mainly comments such as them maintaining the rhythm but being more open/natural/spacious and all those other popular hifi forum words!

They're sold online (ebay) and have a 14 day return for refund offer, so no risk (bar return postage cost and hassle). I've ordered a set of these amps to try with the Densen and new speakers and am hopeful I'll be impressed. I haven't yet sold the Naims so will be able to do a side by side comparison (altho my pre/power probably has an 'earlier' Naim sound than your Nait 5).

Cheers,

Rob

Edit: Saw your other post - NVA (it's a one-man show - Richard Dunn) also make speaker cable (only seen positive comments) and ICs (seen mixed comments). I've order both (not sure if they're also sale or return).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts