Amp to 4 ohm Dali Menuet speakers

shy10ck

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
I am looking for a suitable amp for Dali Menuet speakers

My listening room is 12-14 m2.

The speakers will be placed in a bookshelf 180 cm apart.

I am living in an apartment, so music volume will in general be moderate, but occansionally I like to turn up the volume.

4 ohm and 86 db sensitivity

http://www.dali-speakers.com/media/1652/dali-menuet-product-sheet-uk.pdf

shy10ck

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Could this Marantz do for the Dali Menuets?

Marantz HD-AMP1

http://us.marantz.com/us/products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=hificomponents&ProductId=HDAMP1

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
shy10ck said:
Could this Marantz do for the Dali Menuets?

Marantz HD-AMP1

http://us.marantz.com/us/products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=hifico...

although not that powerful in terms of outright watts it had been designed to deal with speakers with impedance that drops quite low. I'm not sure if go as far as the speaker pairing that Andrew used, but Marantz demo'd it with B&W CM series speakers in Japan and apparently used them when designing the amp.

Not sure how it would go with a minimonitor like the Menuet though. People have a tendency to overdrive them in the quest for more bass.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hundreds of amps to chose from. Depends on budget.
Consider a k3 with the specs of those speakers.
Not sure how loud the abrahamsen will go with low sensitivity speakers.tIt might be fine. Anyone know the answer?
The abrahamsen for the money is a great buy if it is ok for your speakers.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
radiorog said:
Hundreds of amps to chose from. Depends on budget. Consider a k3 with the specs of those speakers. Not sure how loud the abrahamsen will go with low sensitivity speakers.tIt might be fine. Anyone know the answer? The abrahamsen for the money is a great buy if it is ok for your speakers.
I am using 4 ohm speakers myself and the abrahamsen is rated at 70wtts but because I am running 4 ohm speakers the abrahamsen doubles the power needed to run 4 ohm speakers

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
radiorog said:
Hundreds of amps to chose from. Depends on budget. Consider a k3 with the specs of those speakers. Not sure how loud the abrahamsen will go with low sensitivity speakers.tIt might be fine. Anyone know the answer? The abrahamsen for the money is a great buy if it is ok for your speakers.
I am using 4 ohm speakers myself and the abrahamsen is rated at 70wtts but because I am running 4 ohm speakers the abrahamsen doubles the power needed to run 4 ohm speakers 
I am aware of this, but isnt the op's speakers less sensitive at 86 db? Apparently this is more important than ohms....bit im not sure, just saying what ive heard recently. Hopefully someone kmowledgable will add something here.....

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I used to have a earlier version of them , The Royal Menuet , about the same spec , I used a nad pre/power 114/216THX , I'd go with a bloody big nad intergrated

Raidillon

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
You can't go wrong with a pm 8005 or a c 356bee, but the sonic signature is slightly different.

The difference is subtle but they both handel bass ( nad +++) and voices ( marrantz ++++) differently.

Cheers,

K

keeper of the quays

My attic has a roksan amp and dynaudio speakers..they 4ohm..drove them fine..very fine amp

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts