amp surgery ?possible?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
saturday i sold my ca azur 640a wich i was using as a pre amp this left me with agap in the midle betwin my power amp and my cd player , now that dosent worry me as i alresdy have a pre amp on route to fill in the gap but in the mean time i had to dig out my very old and beloved kenwood KA-3020 stereo integrated amp, so i plug it in and leave it to warm up for agood hour and then i give it the beans and all hell let loose it still sounds savage and fearless ,fast and and strong i really like this amp it got me in to hi-fi and it has satisfy my need of power for so long in the past but i noticed that i can hear a buzz coming from the speakers and i know it is the amp so i was wondering if it would be possible to do somthing about it to improve sound quality and get rid of this buzz( it sounds like when u cant find a station on the radio just not as loud ) change the mains cable ? transformer? can some one advise please i love this amp and am very attached to it as it is a gift so i would apreciate all the help i can get TIA STEFANO

A

Anonymous

ok that might help but wat can i do to improve sound quality

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
hello sex.i have an old trio ka 1055,it's a bit of a beast itself and gives the audiolab a run for it's money but i only use it as back up so if it fails i might just get out the soldring iron and change a few of the capicitors and resistors but until then i would leave well alone.i know your waiting for your pre amp to arrive but sometimes that's the fun with waiting,the anticipation.good luck,gregory.

A

Anonymous

would a new powerr cable maybe shilded help get rid of this airy buzz p.s. i dit clean the dust out and it did improve got rid of some of this buzz but i think it is interference or something

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts