Amp Problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I am new to this and not fully up to speed with the correct termonology.

I have installed a background music system in my restraunt.

It works for 15 mins or so then starts crackling. When I turn off thew CD player, these noises continue. It would seem the amp is at fault - its brand new.

Does anyone have any ideas? I am using 100v line with 4 speakers.

One idea I have is that I have the polarity wrong. I have kept it connsistent throughout. However, at the speakrs, the positive cable comes from the speaker and into a resister/coil. However, the positive now becomes black/ negative. Is this a mistake? Would it make any difference?

Sorry for the terrible working and lack of termonology. If I need to give any more information then please give me a shout.

Thanks a million.

Gordon

Hi Revit, welcome to the forum.

I am somewhat confused as to how you have your system connected up.

What is 100v line?

Why are cables going into a resistor / coil?

I suggest you disconnect all speakers and then connect just 2 directly into the back of the amplifier as per the instruction manual.

After you have done this do you still have the same problem?

jiggyjoe

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Any particular reason you chose a 100v line system when your only running 4 speakers?

100v line systems are usually installed in places like shopping malls to connect lots of speakers together over very large distances to one speaker cable.

I suppose any one of the output transformers could be responsible for noise in the line system.

check all your connections are good and maybe try a elimination process.

Start by trying the system with just the first speaker connected and see if the crackling persists, and then work through to speaker 2, 3 and 4.

If the crackling is still there using only 1 speaker it could be the 1st transformer or the amp.

Hope this is of some help to you.
smile.png

TRENDING THREADS