Amp ideas for PMC TB2+ ?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Electro said:
If by some chance there was a problem under warranty or indeed even if the warranty had expired all that you would have to do phone up and arrange to send it back by courier for repair , I have done this several times with other brands of equipment ( not Electro *smile* ) and it was no hassle at all , why would it be any more complicated with Abrahamsen equipment .*smile*

Well sending it back to Norway might come at a larger cost than within UK. £138.36 one way ticket, to be exact.

Here where I live Roksan does not want me to ship a faulty amp back to the UK. The dealer just picks up the tab for a local repair shop. Why else get large chunk of Roksan's money? That's why the dealers exists, not just to sell things but also provide support.

So if Abrahamsen has no dealers in the UK, you have to send the unit to Norway to get inspected and repaired or replaced if applicable.

Return[/list]
Warranty terms and conditions
1.ABRAHAMSEN© by ECS Holding warrants that all products will be free from any defects in matrials and/or workmanship for a period of to(2) years from the purchase date, five(5) if you have completed the warranty registration.
2.The extended warranty service is only available to the orginal consumer, who purchased this product directly from the retail dealer, and it can not be transferred.
3.During the warranty service, ABRAHAMSEN© by ECS Holding may repair or replace this product at its own option at no charge to you for parts or labor in accordance with this limited warranty.
4.This warranty does not apply to the damages that occurred under the following conditions:
4.1.Instead of operating in accordance with the user’s manual. Any abuse or misuse of this product.
4.2.Normal tear and wear.
4.3.The product has been altered or modified in any way.
4.4.Damage which may have been caused either directly or indirectly by another product / force / etc.
4.5.Abnormal service or repairing by anyone other than a qualified person or technician. And in such cases, all the expenses will be charged to the buyer.
5.In no event shall ABRAHAMSEN© by ECS Holding be liable for any incidental or consequential damages. Some countrys do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion or limitation may not apply to you.
6.This warranty gives you the specific rights, and these rights are compatible with this country laws, you may also have other statutory rights that may vary from country to country.

Returns policy1.Shipping and handling charges are not refundable. We are not responsible for any shipping charges of products being returned to us.
a.All returned products must be in its original mint and clean condition. Returns on damaged, scratched, or otherwise 'played with' products will not be accepted.
b.All returns must include all the factory accessories which come with the item.
c.With your return, enclose this original receipt or a copy of it. Also include a brief letter of explanation of why the product is being returned and state your request for either a refund or an exchange. Include the authorization number on this letter, and on the outside of the shipping box.
2.If any item arrives damaged due to shipping, immediately contact the carrier. Keep all shipping cartons, and email ABRAHAMSEN© by ECS Holding immediately.
3.We reserve the right to limit quantities. Pictures are for illustration purposes only. We are not responsible for typographical errors.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Well sending it back to Norway might come at a larger cost than within UK. £138.36 one way ticket, to be exact.

Here where I live Roksan does not want me to ship a faulty amp back to the UK. The dealer just picks up the tab for a local repair shop. Why else get large chunk of Roksan's money? That's why the dealers exists, not just to sell things but also provide support.

So if Abrahamsen has no dealers in the UK, you have to send the unit to Norway to get inspected and repaired or replaced if applicable.

If that courier price is correct ( it does seem a little excessive ) I personally would expect it to be reinbursed or a least a large part of it if the product was found to be faulty and repaired or replaced under warranty .

If on the other hand I was returning the product because I did not like it or for service or upgrade then I would expect to pay the full cost of shipping .

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Electro said:
If that courier price is correct ( it does seem a little excessive ) I personally would expect it to be reinbursed or a least a large part of it if the product was found to be faulty and repaired or replaced under warranty .

If on the other hand I was returning the product because I did not like it or for service or upgrade then I would expect to pay the full cost of shipping .

I used a Royal Mail online calculator for London to Oslo, 17kg parcel, worth 650GBP. It chucked out the 138 quid. *unknw*

I personally at the price of the Abrahamsen v2.0, don't mind at all to have it completely sans warranty. Servicing amps here is quite affordable and new amp components are cheap.

I found who the guy is for servicing Roksan gear in Macedonia. And the old chap said, Oh yes, I am an official service tech for that brand but no one has brought any yet. All he fixes all day is SONY, LG, Panasonic, HK, Yamaha and Pioneer receivers. Simple discrete amplifiers rarely fail and when they do come in on his bench, they are 20 years old and someone's kid got to them at a house party.

Problem is very few units come out of a factory with an issue and the owners create big fuss online because the dealers refuse to help, as if the world has ended and we musn't ever again buy that brand. And when investigated more often than not it is shipping damage or owner mishandling, but most manufacturers will still be more than fair and fix or replace the unit.

Maybe I wouldn't recommend even the slightest risk to a casual hi-fi user, but a box swapper like myself certanly doesn't mind getting an Abrahamsen directly from Per Abrahamsen's hands. Like Orville Gibson shipping you a new guitar.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Not this winter. If I knew earlier about the sale I would have grabbed one instead of the Roksan. Wish I met Electro earlier while I had 1000 euros itching in my pocket.

max337

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Electro said:
max337 said:
Electro said:
One of the best things about PMC speakers is that they work very well with a very wide range of amplifiers as long as the amp has a strong power supply and plenty of current delivery .

Electrocompaniet would be my personal  choice with Bryston in second place , but Hegel , Leema ,Cyrus and Naim etc will all give a slightly different flavor to the sound  so just choose what suits your taste .

The reason I would choose Classic series Electrocompaniet equipment over others is because in the same way PMC speakers work well with any competent amp Electrocompaniet amps work very well with almost any speaker and will drive any load or type of speaker effortlessly with total control.

The combination of Classic Electrocompaniet and PMC will reproduce any type of music equally well and it sounds like real music ( with a natural sounding recording ) rather than just music played on a stereo which is ideal for me but can be a little too 'real' for some people.  *smile*

Saying that I have never known or heard of anyone who has listened to any of the classic series Electro amps that has not been more than impressed !

Great. Hoping the speakers make a good base to sample out amps. I do intend to try the Electro amp but maybe the PI effort as I have one local. At least I'll get a taste of it.

That's not a bad idea , try the PI just to get a taste of what I am talking about and if it appeals then either try the Classic series ECI3 s/h which imo is a better amp or as you prefer to buy new equipment you could contact Abrahamsen Audio about the V2.0 integrated that I mentioned in a previous post , they will probably send you one on sale or return.   At around £500 it is a true bargain imo .*smile*

Abrahamsen Audio also do a UP vesion that has been upgraded with a larger power supply and higher class A bias for a little more money. They also upgrade and sevice older Classic series Electrocompaniet amps .

http://abrahamsenaudio.no/

Wow. Ambrahemson Sounds like an excellent company. I'm getting to the point where I just want a decent system for now and then hone it afterwards. They are someone I'd like to try mind.

I'm hoping to get the Electro, see what happens.

max337

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
drummerman said:
Do Abrahamsen have a distributor/dealer network in the UK (or the OP's home country?)

If not I would not recommend purchasing.

Any warranty work will involve a lot of hassle.

Good point, or else it's a gamble. I'm in the UK BTW.

TRENDING THREADS