Amp for wharfedale diamond 230

obiwan kenobi

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I Will buy the wharfedale 230. i like a full body and warm sound and hate shrill and bright highes.
But which amp with these speakers? NAD c356bee, mf m3si?
No japanese, i hate the sound of these amps.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
The amps you mention are quite diifferent prices. The NAD is half the price of the MF. also I can't see the NAD amp online. NAD have some new amps out, so may be worth looking at. What about Arcam instead?

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
The Arcam gets good reviews nearly everywhere. Personally as the speakers are budget floorstanders I wouldn't spend anymore than the cost of them. e.g. up to 500 pounds, roughly. The Yamaha A-S 701 should be perfectly good or NAD C338.

obiwan kenobi

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Blackdawn said:
The Arcam gets good reviews nearly everywhere. Personally as the speakers are budget floorstanders I
wouldn't spend anymore than the cost of them. e.g. up to 500 pounds, roughly. The Yamaha A-S 701 should be perfectly good or NAD C338.

No, the Arcam is not good. But there are not many objective reviews. Here is one in dutch.

https://www.alpha-audio.nl/2015/11/multi-test-geintegreerde-stereoversterker/3/

obiwan kenobi said:
I Will buy the wharfedale 230. i like a full body and warm sound and hate shrill and bright highes. But which amp with these speakers? NAD c356bee, mf m3si? No japanese, i hate the sound of these amps.

Which amp did you hear them with when you decided they were warm and full-bodied??

obiwan kenobi

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Surprise; it will not be the Wahrfedale. Heard the Q acoustics 3050 and find it a better speaker than the Wharfedale. Also heard the Tannoy xt6f. Horrible and unlistenable bright. Even the MA Silver 6 sounds better! (and warmer).

Is a NAD c356 a good amp for the Q acoustics with rock and metal or better another amp?

gasolin

obiwan kenobi said:
Surprise; it will not be the Wahrfedale. Heard the Q acoustics 3050 and find it a better speaker than the Wharfedale. Also heard the Tannoy xt6f. Horrible and unlistenable bright. Even the MA Silver 6 sounds better! (and warmer).

Is a NAD c356 a good amp for the Q acoustics with rock and metal or better another amp?

I find misson LX better Than Q Acoustics Nad/Marantz is a good amp for Q Acoustics

How different the new nad amps are to the old ones i don't know

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
gasolin said:
obiwan kenobi said:

I find misson LX better Than Q Acoustics Nad/Marantz is a good amp for Q Acoustics

To be fair you are comparing one set of budget 3020 and lx2s on poor stands without really trying out positioning. Your experience is very valid, but it wont hold through for every other option in those speaker ranges.

Seems like you're enjoying the missions though, graet stuff

gasolin

muljao said:
gasolin said:
obiwan kenobi said:

To be fair you are comparing one set of budget 3020 and lx2s on poor stands without really trying out positioning. Your experience is very valid, but it wont hold through for every other option in those speaker ranges.

Poor stands? Nothing poor about isoacoustics stands

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
gasolin said:
muljao said:
gasolin said:
obiwan kenobi said:

Poor stands?  Nothing poor about isoacoustics stands

Meant poorly positioned, typo. You had mentioned you were a bit limited with position at the time.

gasolin

muljao said:
gasolin said:
muljao said:
gasolin said:
obiwan kenobi said:

Poor stands? Nothing poor about isoacoustics stands
Meant poorly positioned, typo. You had mentioned you were a bit limited with position at the time.

Yes

138cm desk amost 83 cm wide monitor.

Speakers placed on each side om my desk, the distance between them would be to big

rainsoothe

Andrewjvt said:
That thinks peterpan and obiwan are the same person?
Same sort threads every few months about harsh sound for rock?

And not taking any advice, or coming up with option C in a "pls, chose only between A and B" thread? :)

To OP: "Arcam A 19 is not a good amp" - not answering what specifically you didn't like about it means you probably haven't heard it and found some niche review or the odd forum comment from someone who doesn't like it. Or, you heard it in the wrong setup. It is full-bodied and big scale sound, and good rhythm.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts