amp for Marantz CD6002

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have just bought some B&W 685s and reading most of peoples comments the marantz pm6002 amp is a good match with the CD6002.

However as its power autput is only 45 watts per channel, this may not be enough to get the best out of the 685s .would a combo of

Marantz CD6002, with the 685s and ROKSAN KANDY LIII MK 3 work well ?

thanks

peter

matthewpiano

You really need to book a demo. I tried the CD6002/PM6002/B&W 685 combination today and didn't like it. The amp was clearly not good enough for the speakers and I thought it sounded splashy at the top end. Thats just my reaction though - you might like it.

I would also try the Rotel RA-04 or possibly look for a 2nd hand or end of line Arcam. If you can stretch the budget slightly a PM7001 would be a better bet than the 6002.

A

Anonymous

Agree with Matthew's comments. I didn't find the Marantz 6002s to be a good match with the 685s. I would have thought the Kandy would make a good pairing though. Roksan have just added a new, slightly more expensive amp to the lineup, presumably to supercede the Kandy MkIII, in which case I would have expected to see some hefty discounts in the near future. Having said that, I haven't seen any yet.

A

Anonymous

would the Rotel RA-04 be under power to? do you think the roksan kandy would match up with the cd6002? the only reason i was goin for that match was cos i only have £800 and would prefer to spend the money on a more powerful amp. The cd6002 is cheaper but dont know if it works well with the roksan and B&W 656

A

Anonymous

WHAT WOULD BE A BETTER CD PLAYER MATCH WITH THE ROKSAN AMP AND B&W SPEAKERS THAT IS NOT AS EXPENSIVE AS ROKSAN KANDY MK3 CD PLAYER?

A

Anonymous

Pioneer PDD6J http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/3329
Rega Apollo

A

Anonymous

since 685's are rated 88 dB sensitivity IMO neither the Rotel nor the Marantz will have any problem driving them, unless you place them in a big room of course. My PM 6002 works perfectly with DM 602's (90 dB declared). So you should listen and choose the pairing you prefer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts