Amp for Dynaudio x32?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello!I need advice wich amp for Dynaudio x 32! Budget is between 1000 - 2000 Eur, room 4,5 x 4,5m and music mostly rock and jazz. Also, what is your expirience with x32...Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Hi. A lot of the cyrus owners like the dynaudio x32's. I had a listen didnt like them to much, very ugly speakers. As for an amp, i would look for 2 Cyrus x-powers (in mono) or 2 monos ( if the price is right).

A

Anonymous

I use them with a Cambridge Audio 840A v2. Find that combo very good (jazz, classical, lounge, etc), well behaved, good bass, perfect midrange and treble, more than enough power for the room you have. And they look OK (I have maple) on top of being compact for floorstanders (thin and not too high).

jubair

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
I auditioned them with cyrus cd6 se, cyrus 8vs2 and chord chorus and oddy cabling about a month ago. I was impressed with the clarity and detail and the build quality but found them a bit bright sounding for my taste.

A

Anonymous

OK, I didnt listen them with Cyrus but lots of people gave me advice to try that combination. What I have tried is Simaudio Moon i-1 and Dynaudio Focus 220, and it was very good. So what about that combination with x32 for better not tiny sound and maybe Roksan Caspian M Series-1 or Naim XS. Also I found on net that Cyrus is comming with new integrated amp Cyrus XPd.Main problem is that here in Croatia local dealer for Cyrus and Roksan doesn't have stuff in shop, so I have to order and pay full price before I found is it what Iam looking for!!!

A

Anonymous

Anything with a lot of current. Can you get a used Primare I30? Nice and smooth with plenty of grip.

A

Anonymous

I heard the X32s at the Bristol Show rigged to an amp and CDP by Plinius. Sounded very very (very) good indeed... Out of budget?

emotion-14.gif

A

Anonymous

It was the 9200 partnered with a Plinius CDP (101). This system made such a great impression on me. It was definitely one of the best set-ups I heard that day.

A

Anonymous

How about 9100? its 1300 Euro cheaper but still 125wpc/8ohm!

manicm

My friend has the previous Krell integrated (400?) with Dynaudio Audience 52 SEs and sounds great indeed, the soundstage was unbelievable. He's paired it with a CA 840C strangely enough. And the sound was smooth as well.

If a recent UK review is anything to go by you owe it to yourself to hear the new Krell S-300i - this particular reviewer loved every watt in it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts