Amp for Audiovector Qr1

nicusim

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Waiting for a pair of Audiovector Qr1 to arrive,I am wondering what amp or power amp would match,budget up to £1000,I don't mind second hand.Any ideas?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
My choice would be the Arcam A39, which can be bought with your budget at the moment, due to being end of line....you would need to listen for yourself.

nicusim

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
If possible,XLR in would be great,I am using an Buffalo-IIISE dac with Legato I/V stage,balanced output. What about an Abrahamsen V2.0,seems well regarded,price + transport is £730 from Norway.Or should I wait for the new Arcam SA20?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
nicusim said:
If possible,XLR in would be great,I am using an Buffalo-IIISE dac with Legato I/V stage,balanced output. What about an Abrahamsen V2.0,seems well regarded,price + transport is £730 from Norway.Or should I wait for the new Arcam SA20?

I haven't heard Abrahamsen, but it should sound like old-school Electrocompaniet (which I am familiar with). I think you would be happy with either, but if you can get the Abrahamsen at a good price, I think that is where my money would go.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
nicusim said:
I am tempted by a Naim Nap 200 power amp,second hand.I don't know how well works with a non Naim preamp.

Personally, I think you'd be safer with Abrahamsan or Arcam....unless you can dem. Both Naim and Cyrus are a bit Love/Hate.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Another one for the Abrahamsen, they are a good solid reliable amp that will drive anything and also sound absolutely gorgeous .

You will be hard pushed to get anything better for the price or maybe even double the price. *good*

Or maybe this second hand . *smile*

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELECTROCOMPANIET-ECI-3-Balanced-Integrated-Amplifier/152959746937?hash=item239d1c8379:g:63kAAOSwXsFackS9

valkyrieorion

Sep 8, 2020
Visit site
Interested in the QR1 but nobody has them near me. What kind of sound would you say, I am really sensitive to bright. Currently have Martin Logan Motion 35 Speakers which I find pleasing enough but I like the looks of these more and made in Denmark

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts