Amp for 3050i/Turntable/Streaming

Davves

Dec 3, 2019
Visit site
Hi team,

I recently picked up a pair of q Acoustics 3050i floorstanders and a QB12 sub. I purchased this package, as I got a great deal on it: https://www.customht.com.au/products/q-acoustics-3050i-cinema-pack-with-upgraded-qb12-subwoofer

At this stage I'm thinking of reselling the 3010is and 3090i and sticking to a 2.1 setup, as I'll be using it for music 95% of the time.

I'm looking for an amp to power this setup (budget $1000-2000AUD). 2.1 is fine for me unless there's a strong case for 5.1. A phono stage would be ideal, as my Cambridge AM10 isn't going to be enough to hook my Rega Planar 1 up to the 3050is. However, I could use the phono stage on the AM10 as a pre-amp (I think?) I'd love to grab a media streamer too, but I'm not sure if that should be a separate purchase.

I almost purchased a Powernode 2i, as the streaming capabilities and DAC look great and the amp seems more than capable. However the hard-wired ADC on the analogue inputs looks like a deal-breaker.

Suggestions? Located in Australia.

Davves

Dec 3, 2019
Visit site
Nad C368

Thanks, this is the exact functionality I was looking for. The reviews I just read said it sounds a bit lifeless though. Are there any alternatives you're aware of?

Davves

Dec 3, 2019
Visit site
Isn't q acoustics 3050i a bit a lively sounding speakers ?

Are you saying they'd match well with the C 683, or asking if they're too lively to be used for music?

I'm not sure what others would think, but I heard them connected to a Powernode 2i and liked the sound.

Last edited:

gasolin

If your speakers are bright it doesn't matter if the amp are dark sounding

I you speakers are bassy it doens't matter if you have a big room

If the amp sounds lifeless it doens't matter if the speakers are very lively sounding, energetic.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts