• We’re excited to be up and running and seeing visitors old and new! For those returning, reset your password and you’re good to go! For new members, introduce yourself here. You can also be in with a chance to win a set of Fyne Audio Speakers and try to become a part of our Ultimate Audiophile Playlist here!

Amp for 3050i/Turntable/Streaming

Davves

Dec 3, 2019
Hi team,

I recently picked up a pair of q Acoustics 3050i floorstanders and a QB12 sub. I purchased this package, as I got a great deal on it: https://www.customht.com.au/products/q-acoustics-3050i-cinema-pack-with-upgraded-qb12-subwoofer

At this stage I'm thinking of reselling the 3010is and 3090i and sticking to a 2.1 setup, as I'll be using it for music 95% of the time.

I'm looking for an amp to power this setup (budget $1000-2000AUD). 2.1 is fine for me unless there's a strong case for 5.1. A phono stage would be ideal, as my Cambridge AM10 isn't going to be enough to hook my Rega Planar 1 up to the 3050is. However, I could use the phono stage on the AM10 as a pre-amp (I think?) I'd love to grab a media streamer too, but I'm not sure if that should be a separate purchase.

I almost purchased a Powernode 2i, as the streaming capabilities and DAC look great and the amp seems more than capable. However the hard-wired ADC on the analogue inputs looks like a deal-breaker.

Suggestions? Located in Australia.

gasolin

Mar 17, 2013
Nad C368

Davves

Dec 3, 2019
Nad C368

Thanks, this is the exact functionality I was looking for. The reviews I just read said it sounds a bit lifeless though. Are there any alternatives you're aware of?

Davves

Dec 3, 2019
Isn't q acoustics 3050i a bit a lively sounding speakers ?
Are you saying they'd match well with the C 683, or asking if they're too lively to be used for music?

I'm not sure what others would think, but I heard them connected to a Powernode 2i and liked the sound.

Last edited:

gasolin

Mar 17, 2013
If your speakers are bright it doesn't matter if the amp are dark sounding

I you speakers are bassy it doens't matter if you have a big room

If the amp sounds lifeless it doens't matter if the speakers are very lively sounding, energetic.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts