Amp & CD player for Aviano 6

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi! I live in Asia, am a complete newbie as far as home audio goes & this is my first post here.

A few weeks ago, I picked up a pair of Mordaunt Short Aviano 6 foorstanders after reading the reviews here & having a listen in the shop. I also liked the Cambridge Audio Azur 650A amp & 650C cd player that were setup with these speakers but decided to come back later for the amp & cd player as I had already blown up all my savings on the floorstanders. [:'(]

I went back to the shop a couple of days ago to pick up the 650A & 650C but there weren't any available. They set up a Creek Evo 2 instead with a pair of Dali Concept 6 floorstanders (shop had run out of Aviano 6 as well) & the Creek Evo 2 sounded great too. Now I am not sure whether I should wait for the Azur 650A or buy the Evo 2. The Evo 2 costs only 53% more than the 650A here. In England the Evo 2 amp (600 GBP) appears to cost 71% more than the 650A (300 GBP). So should I buy the Evo 2 amp instead of the 650A? If I choose the Evo 2 amp, will I need to buy the Evo 2 cd player or can I get the 650C cd player as I had originally planned.

My sincere thanks in advance for your advice.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply vinod_david.

The Aviano 6 speakers are already in my living room. I am not sure whether to get the Azur 650A (for which I have to wait) or the Evo 2 amp (which is available off the shelf) to drive them with. The problem is I haven't heard the Aviano 6s driven with the Evo 2. I guess I could ask the shop to bring the Evo 2 home & have a listen but so far I have been too lazy to get that organised.

Do you think the Evo 2's build quality is a lot better than the 650A's? Also, can I pair the Evo 2 amp with the 650C cd player or should I consider the Evo 2 cd player instead.

Thanks once again.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your very sensible advice. I guess I will wait for the 650A & 650C & save myself some money.

A

Anonymous

Hi Church_Bells, i have the CA650C with the Creek Evo 2 and to me they work well together, great sound from them, only erk i have at moment is on some stuff the baas dominates but think its more to do with my speakers having a double rear port and tight for space in my room

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts