Amp+Bookshelf Speakers for Computer

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of upgrading my current MacBook Pro + Creative ZiiSound D5 sound set-up. The ZiiSound D5 is a lovely system but seriously lacks bass and stereo separation.

My intention is to now move to a system with passive bookshelf speakers + small desktop amp (possibly with built-in USB DAC).

I have in mind for speakers:

Q Acoustics 2010 or Tangent Audio E5

As for the amplifier:

Class A/B amp: Audioengine N22 (2x20w) or (your suggestion here)

Class D amp: NuForce Icon Amp (2x30w) or NuForce Icon (2x12, w/ DAC) or (your suggestion here)

My requirements:

- Fill a room with 161ft^2 (15m^2) and able to scale up to 323ft^2 (30m^2).

- Provide good performance across the range and be a clear improvement over the ZiiSound D5, especially in terms of bass.

- For the moment, sit on a table but later might get some stands. Always sit as close to the wall as possible.

My dillema:

The Q Acoustics 2010 got 5 stars @ WhatHiFi, but is it able to give a bass performance similar to the Tangent Evo E5?

Have no clue about those amps. They're all nicely compact, but use different technologies: Class A/B vs. Class D vs. Class D+DAC. In addition, taking into account a 30m^2 room, what is the minimum power they should supply? Are there any other better compact alternatives?

Thanks for reading this and looking forward to your comments.

Greetings.

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
chocobanana said:
I'm currently in the process of upgrading my current MacBook Pro + Creative ZiiSound D5 sound set-up... with built-in USB DAC... Class A/B amp... sit on a table

ARTIST5_blk_mac_cover.jpg

http://www.adam-audio.com/en/multimedia/products/artist-3/description

A

Anonymous

Those look like a very interesting all-in-one solution. They do however cost more than 200 pounds which is my limit.

I'm able to keep any of the combinations I previously described for less than 200 pounds by bringing one of those amps from the US.

I also am interested in later upgrading parts of the system. For example, the amp would later be replaced by something like a Peachtree integrated amplifier.

Thanks for the suggestion.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts