Amp: ARCAM FMJ A19 or NAIM Nait 5si to replace my UR Simply Two ?

eborr

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello All !

Despite the fact that I love my UR Simply two amp, I am thinking to replace it by an integrated amp because of too many constraints as replacement of the tubes, power consomation (not eco friendly), ...

I know that integrated cannot be compared to a tube amp, but I am wondering if the Arcam or Naim will do the job here ?

My audio install is composed by:

- CD player Cambridge Audio 640 v2

- DAC Rega

- Speakers JMR Twins signature (Hi-Fi) or Monitor Audio Bronze BX5 (Home cinema)

- Analog interconnect QED

- Digital interconnects SUPRA

Any advices ? I can consider other option in this budget range...

Thanks !

Eric (from Belgium)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I would source a Sony STR DB930.

It is, apart perhaps from John Shearne products, the closest I have used to both a good tube amplifier and solid state. It is my main system (2channel) amplifier. I also have a cyrus system but use that in my bedroom/2nd system.

The Sony is powerful, dynamic, fluent and very easy on the ear. Internally superbly constructed and flexible it does that thing that a good valve amplifier does; macro dynamics and ebb and flow whilst staying cohesive. - I have modified mine but even in stock form it is a very, very good stereo amplifier with more flexibility than many. Over 240w/ch 4ohm dynamic headroom but it sounds divine at low volume too.

regards

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
If the limited functionality is not an issue, get the best of both worlds and go for this, line only or phono versions.......

Phono_Integrated_med.jpg

http://www.croftacoustics.co.uk/main.html

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi Eric,

The amps you mention are (give or take) 800 and 1200 EUR respectively. What is your maximum budget? Is a Lavardin IS within reach? 1800 EUR ex-demo.

BTW, where in Belgium are you based?

Regards,

Erik (East-Flanders, Belgium)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts