Amp and Loudspeakers For Repa P1 - Marantz PM6005/6006 and Monitor Audio Bronze 2 vs Dali ZENSOR 3?

Hi, guys, I need an advice. I'm looking for amplifier and bookshelf speakers for my Rega p1 (also have Rega preamp). Don't want to spend more than ~500£ (can go higher if it's really worth it). So, at the moment I'm thinking about following things: Amp: Marantz PM6005 (239£) or Marantz PM6006 (299£)?Loudspeakers: Q Acoustics 3020 (149£) or Q Acoustics CONCEPT 20 (299£) or Monitor Audio Bronze 2 (279£) or Dali ZENSOR 3 (319£) So far I'm thinking about PM6005 + Monitor Audio Bronze 2, what do you think?Should I change loudspeakers, or go for PM6006 and cheaper loudspeakers, or just buy the most expensive options? Of course, I'll try to listen to all of them, but will really appreciate your opinion, guys!

Going to buy tomorrow!

D

Deleted member 108165

Pavel Sklyarov said:
Hi, guys, I need an advice. I'm looking for amplifier and bookshelf speakers for my Rega p1 (also have Rega preamp). Don't want to spend more than ~500£ (can go higher if it's really worth it). So, at the moment I'm thinking about following things: Amp: Marantz PM6005 (239£) or Marantz PM6006 (299£)? Loudspeakers: Q Acoustics 3020 (149£) or Q Acoustics CONCEPT 20 (299£) or Monitor Audio Bronze 2 (279£) or Dali ZENSOR 3 (319£) So far I'm thinking about PM6005 + Monitor Audio Bronze 2, what do you think? Should I change loudspeakers, or go for PM6006 and cheaper loudspeakers, or just buy the most expensive options? Of course, I'll try to listen to all of them, but will really appreciate your opinion, guys!

Going to buy tomorrow!

PM6005 and Dali Zensor 3 would be my choice. The MM tt stage on the Marantz is rather good too.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
So you or will you need the second coaxial input the pm6006 offers? I have the pm6005 and it's pretty good. When the pm6006 was 400 I'd whole hearted recommend the pm6005, but now the price is so close I don't know, the pm6006 is supposed to have some improvement.

Which ever amp you pick you'll likely enjoy. The reviews here say the Dali works nice, but there are loads of options and id recommend looking for last year's buzz models that go cheaper. I have yet to see a bad review of the wharfedale diamond 220. Apparently also the end of life but still available in some places Cambridge Audio aero 2 gives a lot of performance for the money

insider9

I'd go with Onkyo A9010 and Dali Zensor 3. In fact I did back in July. Very musical combo. It sounded better to me than the Dali+Marantz. Onkyo also has a very capable MM phono stage. RS had this at £399 then I believe they still do. Bargain considering that since the summer Onkyo went up in price to £229 and Zensors are still £319. That's £150 saving and well within your budget.

What music do you listen to? Depending on your prefered genres MA Bronze 2 may suit you more. If so than a different amp would be in order as MA+Onkyo may sound too bright.

EDIT: Make sure you listen to whatever you chose before you part with your money.

thx for the advice mate, heard about Onkyo A9010 and will consider this option as well!

Especially considering that you can buy Onkyo A9010 + MA Bronze 2 for 379!£ or Onkyo A9010 + Dali 3 for 399£ as a combo.

In terms of music, i mostly listen to indie/rock.

insider9

Pavel Sklyarov said:
thx for the advice mate, heard about Onkyo A9010 and will consider this option as well!

Especially considering that you can buy Onkyo A9010 + MA Bronze 2 for 379!£ or Onkyo A9010 + Dali 3 for 399£ as a combo.

In terms of music, i mostly listen to indie/rock.

Indie/rock I'd definitely go with Dali Zensors. For more refined genres jazz/classical MA will be better but that combo MA+Onkyo can be a tad bright.

Ok now, i i have following options

Onkyo + MA b2 for 379£

Onkyo + Dali 3 for 399£

or

Marantz p5005 + MA b2 for 499£

Marantz p5005 + Dali 3 for 558£

So 120-150£ difference. Onkyo is 10£ cheaper than Marantz + Richer Sounds are selling Onkyo as combo with additional discount for some reason.

Is built-in DAC in Marantz worth this? =)

insider9

Pavel Sklyarov said:
Ok now, i i have following options 

Onkyo + MA b2 for 379£

Onkyo  + Dali 3 for 399£

or 

Marantz p5005 + MA b2 for 499£

Marantz p5005  + Dali 3 for 558£

So 120-150£ difference. Onkyo is 10£ cheaper than Marantz + Richer Sounds are selling Onkyo as combo with additional discount for some reason. 

Is built-in DAC in Marantz worth this? =)  

Most definitely not. You can have a decent dac nowadays for less than £120.

You can have a different taste than me so must emphasise you listen before buying. It's a good shortlist to go in with 2 pairs of speakers and 2 amps.

insider9

matthewpiano said:
The Onkyo and MA Bronze 2s work beautifully together.  Not bright, just nicely balanced.
You are right Matthewpiano. It was my first demo when I listened to that pairing. I did sound brighter then Onkyo+Zensor 3 is what I was meaning to say.

gasolin

As you can see in my signature i have q acoustics 3020 and a marantz PM8006

The way i use the 3020 they almost sound like a dry clear not bassy,bommy studio monitor

The dali zensor and maranatz PM6005 i feel is a to bright combination

The zensor have a bright top and not to much bass,but they do get loud, marantz PM6005 has a tendency to sound bright therefor not a good combination

Not to much difference between the q acoustics 2000 and 3000 (also have the 2010i for my tv), but many say the cabinet on the concept 20 makes a big difference

Personally i feel the 2000 are very good for tv because of the good and open midrange and lindsey stirlings violin sound good on the 3020, any q acoustics is great value for money, if you like bass don't go for the small q acoustics they are more neutral and slim than deep and punchy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts